Sunday, September 27, 2015

I'm baack and with news

Hello everyone.  I'm back from my Florida trip.  I had a great time seeing old friends, attending a beautiful wedding and meeting some new friends.   It's always good to come back home though even if you loved everything about the place and the trip.

One month from today we will be moving in a brick and mortar house.  I hope I don't get lost having so much more space.  Just imagine all the nooks and crannies I'll have to stash those "secret goodies." Ha ha.  Time flies and I'm sure it will feel like it's happening ten days from now instead of thirty.

Thanks for all the well-wishes on my last Monday post.  I didn't have much time to spend on internet while I was in Florida so I didn't individually respond to everyone.  Rest assured though, I did read them. I tried catching up on all the blogs yesterday and still missed a few, so don't be mad at me if I haven't commented on your latest posts.  I will get to them, or at least you new ones, I promise

I came back to an email that a story that's been at the publisher's for a while may well come 'live' this weekend.  Sure enough, I received an email today that it was live.  It's a totally new story so if you want to go by and have a quick read it's titled Sadie and The Texas Ranger.  It's a little different than my usual in that it's a period piece - a look into life in the Old West.  It's on sale for .99 cents so it won't break the bank.  Let me know what you think?

I'm in the process of writing a new story for this Monday and just needed a little break to gather some ideas.  I'm going to leave you with a beautiful gulf sunset that I experienced from my recent trip. It was not the most spectacular sunset ever and it's hard to see because it's small, but there was a shrimp boat just crossing in front of the setting sun and it made for a perfect picture. Of course, by the time the boat stopped moving enough so I could snap the pic, the shrimp boat had already crossed in front of the sun and it's more to the right, but it's there.  Oh well.

Enjoy and I'll see you later for more Aimless Ramblings.


15 comments:

  1. Hello there, Sunny. So glad to hear about a wonderful vacation and a new house! I did finish The Hired Help this week. I wanted more of that story. Will try to read the new story sometime this evening.

    I am working on a book review for The Doctor and the Rancher and will send it to you before I post.
    Ella

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vacation was fun. I can't wait for your book report.

      Since you wanted The Hired Help to be longer I assume you enjoyed it.

      Delete
  2. I'm glad you're back home even if you were closer when you were on your trip. A real house that doesn't move around, think you can get used to that again?

    I'll be reading your new story soon, but I've promised myself I have to do some writing before I can do anything else. I really am glad you are back to your computer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I can get used to that, in fact I'm looking forward to it.

      Hope you got in some writing time.

      Delete
  3. Hi Sunny, oh lovely a proper house. I hope you don;t miss all your travels. Thanks for the new story I am putting it on the kindle as I write this comment. Glad this last trip was such a happy one
    love Jan,xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you enjoyed the story as much as I enjoyed my trip.

      I don't think I'll miss the travels, at least not for a while.

      Delete
  4. Hi Sunny, it sounds like you had such a wonderful time! Love the picture, the sea looks so endless there. Sadie and the Texas Ranger is great, especially the first night was fun to read about.
    Congratulations on the new house. I always found what you wrote about your journeys exciting and somehow I don't believe that you will travel much less since you seemed to enjoy this a lot. :)

    hugs

    Nina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vacation was super.

      We'll have to see about the travels.

      Delete
  5. Wow Sunny...a real house? Not on wheels? How big? House or condo? Gonna have enough spare bedrooms so all of blogland can come visit? LOL Just remember...with bigger space comes more housework. ;) Hope it's close to a lot of your friends. Are you going to keep your house on wheels so you will still be able to travel to visit friends? Nosy *itch aren't I. ;)

    Congrats on your new release...will have to add it to my weekend shopping list.

    Hugs and blessings...Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Condo - 2 BA 2 BD. Lots of room for visitors.

      You had to mention the housework, didn't you? That's the one bummer.

      Delete
  6. Wonderful news Sunny on getting a new house, you won't know yourself with so much room. Glad you had a lovely vacation. Just popped over to buy your new story.
    Lindy x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am pretty jazzed, I hope I don't get lost. lol
      Hope you enjoyed the story.

      Delete
  7. Happy you had a wonderful trip and a new house. Will you miss the travelling?

    Thanks for the new story SG.

    Love,
    Ronnie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure eventually I will miss the traveling, but right now I'm anxious for a little permanence.

      Delete
  8. Hi Sunny, great to hear from you and am so glad you had a wonderful time in Florida, The photo is awesome :)

    Wow, a new house and a new short story. Congratulations! You won't know yourself in the house after the RV. Are you settling in Arizona? Excited for you!

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Make it a Great Day