Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Have you Ever?

Borrowing this meme from Ami Starsong (thank you Ami). I've read the answers of many other friends since then and it's been great fun.  


Have you ever:

1.  Stood on top of a very high mountain or cliff, looking down at countryside, or out to sea?
Yes, often.  We lived in Colorado and often went to Pike's Peak and Mount Evans.  We actually lived at 8500 feet which is higher than some mountains to some people.

2.  Lain on your back on a hot summer's night, listening to the crickets chirping, and watching the satellites as they chase each other across the heavens?
Yes, but not in a long time.  I can't get up now.  

3. Skinny dipped at midnight?
Yes, and in the daytime too.

4. Intentionally or inadvertently swim with sharks?
I've been in both the Atlantic and Pacific Oceans but have never seen a shark up close and personal.  Dolphins yes.


5. Broken a bone in your body?
My pinky finger when I was a teenager.

6. Driven a car at speeds of 120 mph?
No. Don't think I've ever driven even over 100.

7. Played "Pooh sticks"?
Have no idea what this is?

8. Run in a "Pancake" race?
No, see No. 7 - I must lead a sheltered life.

9. Had your eyelashes dyed?
No, but I have had eyeliner tattooed on the top and bottom. One of the best things I've ever done.

10. Ridden a horse naked?
Absolutely not.  My hair has never been long enough.

11. Punted down the River Cam? (or any other river)
Not the River Cam not any other river.

12. Played tennis in a short white tennis skirt whilst wearing minimal knockers?
Tennis is an athletic endeavor - I don't participate in many athletic activities.

13. Helped an inebriated husband up the stairs at 2 in the morning?
No, if it happened when we had stairs, he stayed where he was.

14. Been too scared to get out of a swimming pool whilst on holiday, due to a  very large Doberman sitting on the edge watching you?
I can't image that even happening, but I love dogs so I doubt I would ever be afraid.

15. Sat in a deckchair snoozing happily whilst the sound of leather on willow echoes distantly in your ears?
Have sat happily snoozing in a deck chair many times but have only heard the waves lapping against the side of the ship or boat. Besides, I have no idea what leather on willow is?

16. Taken a ride on the Maid of the Mist under Niagara Falls?
Yes, when I was a little girl.

17. Climbed up something - rock face, climbing wall, rope in a sports halls, long ladder, tree and been too scare to climb back down.
I'm too scare to climb up, so coming down wouldn't be a problem.

18. Been too liberal with the "Eau de Cologne" which then ran down where it shouldn't, which in turn caused you to hop madly around and rip your knickers off and throw them as far from you and you could?"
No, but other things have caused me to rip off my 'knickers' and throw them as far as I could.

19.  Made snow angels?
As a child, now I don't do snow.  Sand angels are fun though.

20.  Lost a shoe in a ploughed field on a moonlight walk home after a party?
No, wow I just realized I have a lot of 'no' answers.  I have to get out more.

21.  Shrieked loudly, due to being spanked hard and frightened away a visitor/s who was about to knock on your door.  And you are desperately hoping they will never ask...
I haven't been that lucky.

See you later for more Aimless Ramblings.

31 comments:

  1. aw bless Sunny, number two :( There are lots of no's for me too, I have punted down the river and dyed my eyelashes though!
    love Jan,xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved reading your answers SG. I had some No's as well. I don't like the snow now.

    Love,
    Ronnie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, the only way I like the snow is seeing it on tv or in a movie.

      Delete
  3. I love reading these...thanks for joining in....
    hugs abby

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoyed these Sunny! I can't imagine what else made you rip off and throw your panties across the room..... It wasn't cinnamon was it??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cinnamon is your speciality, isn't it? I like cinnamon but not that much.

      Delete
  5. Yep, I think we're about even on the no's. Not a wild life, but a fun one anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  6. so fun to read your answers...I think we have mostly the same "no" and "yes" answers :-) Take care!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Terps - it's interesting about the yeahs and nays, probably why we're friends.

      Delete
  7. Loved your answers Sunny...I really hope that the cause of you ripping off your 'knickers' and throwing them as far as you could was for a fun reason. ;) Thanks for sharing.

    Hugs and blessings...Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, definitely a fun reason. Are you trying to get a closer peek?

      Delete
  8. I think we are all forgetting that Ami has not owned up to which ones were true or not. We all just assumed that she was a wild child, and we were all a bit staid. Perhaps we should wait on judging ourselves until we hear from the author.

    Sunny, I enjoyed hearing your responses. Especially the mysterious "knickers" one!

    Ella

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that Ami is every bit the wild child still.

      Delete
  9. Loved reading your answers Sunny and had to giggle at No 2. I would have a lot of no's, but I have dyed my eyelashes and experienced No 18 lol.

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately, the answer to #2 is true. I would love to learn about the eyelashes. I've never been able to wear mascara, I seem to be allergic to every form so I've never thought about it.

      Delete
  10. Great answers, and we're all big no'ers but I'm sure there are plenty of things you've done on your travels which would be unique to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Probably so, but the thing is I need some kind of trigger to remember them. lol

      Delete
  11. Loved reading your answers Sunny and wonder what caused the throwing of your knickers. LOL! Think a lot of us have heaps of NO answers but it was fun doing it anyway.

    Lindy x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lindy. Should I or shouldn't I?, that is the question.

      Delete
  12. What fun! I love the idea of getting your eyelids tattooed. Saves putting on eyeliner every day.

    Leather on willow means the sound of a cricket ball and bat.

    Hugs,
    Hermione

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hermione, it was one of my best decisions ever.

      Thanks for enlightening me about leather on willow.

      Delete
  13. I would guess my answers would have more nos though it could be 50-50

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, there are some things that are not known here, or if they are, it's a different name.

      Delete
  14. Hi Sunny, I loved reading your answers. You have done a lot of things I could only dream of. Wonderful. Thank you for sharing.

    hugs

    Nina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When you get my age NiNa, I'm sure there will be a lot of things you've done too.

      Delete
  15. Haha, don't feel bad about the no answers, I had way too many too. But seriously, a pancake race?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, how can I do something I don't know about. haha

      Delete
  16. Loved your answers, Sunny! Now you got us all thinking about why you actually did rip your knickers off!!

    Hugs
    Ami

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Make it a Great Day