Friday, October 3, 2014

FLYING BY




Where do the weeks go?  They fly by and I don't even remember the days and the next thing I know another weekend is upon me.  How come this never happened when I was in the working world.  

After the Storn
I could aimlessly ramble again because there is nothing new happening here, not that that is a bad thing. We had a little rain yesterday, which was a joke.  It's so dry here the grass actually crunches under our feet.  The leaves are starting to fall but they don't turn color, just flutter down in the breeze.  It's still very warm, a couple of days in the 90's and a day or so next week scheduled to be the same. 

The sky was so pretty, but it doesn't show up well in this pic. As you can see, the trees are still green and pretty leafy.

I finished reading a book yesterday (actually I finish one most every day) and mentioned to Ray it was longer than most but it was vanilla.  He asked what vanilla was? Three years of blogging and reading my stories and books and he doesn't know vanilla.  OH he said when I explained again about us and them.

Ray's hand is healing well.  I want to thank all of you for your well wishes - I've read them to him and he thanks you and appreciates the care.  He had a little shock to his systerm the other day.  He went for a haircut and the stylist asked him if he used to be blonde.  In his eyes, he is still blonde no matter how much I tell him it is now silver.

All for now, I have a SS post up tomorrow on  my other blog featuring a snippet of Destiny Takes a Hand. Stop by the other participants also to learn about other books available.  See you later for more than Aimless Ramblings. A new story up on Monday.






20 comments:

  1. Hey Sunny...I do love catching up with friends so thanks for your ramblings. Happy to hear Ray is healing well. Would love to send you some of the rain we've been getting here...my creek was way out of it's banks...it's down some now but we're forecast for more tonight and tomorrow!

    Hugs and Blessings...
    Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We could really use the rain, wouldn't it be lovely if it worked that way.

      Have a good weekend and try to stay dry.

      Delete
  2. Wouldn't it be nice if you could send some rain, huh? I'm glad things look better. Wow, a book a day Leigh, I'm an avid reader, but I don't manage that..

    LOL, Blonde is the new silver.

    Thank you for keeping us posted,

    Han

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ray agrees with your blonde being the new silver. lol

      I'm retired and have lots of time to read - Han, you'll see in 11 years (isn't that what you said is your retirement age.)

      Delete
  3. Hi Sunny, always enjoy your ramblings :) So glad to hear Ray's hand is healing well.

    The days are getting longer and we have had some lovely spring days here, but still having bursts of winter too at the moment.

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoy the ramblings because that's all I seem to manage lately.

      Ah, I love the spring too - hope it's a beautiful one for you. Here is was touch and go.

      Delete
  4. Yesterday it was well into the 80's but tomorrow morning it's supposed to be 38. I love the first change to cool weather - the first time you can comfortably wear a sweater. But I'm not too wild about true winter.

    So glad Ray is healing well. And please explain spanko/vanilla again. Make sure he understands, demand examples!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Similar here - yesterday morning we turned on the furnace and in the afternoon, needed the airconditioner.

      Demands don't seem to work - can't understand it. I think he's taken a lesson from my book.

      Delete
  5. SG,

    You know I love to hear your ramble. Happy that Ray's hand is healing.

    The nights are drawing here in the UK, sadly Winter wont be far in coming.

    Love,
    Ronnie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ronnie. Yes, winter isn't far away, hope it doesn't come all at once.

      Have a good weekend.

      Delete
  6. Glad things are going well with Rays healing! Funny about his hair. Men never pay attention until it hits them between the eyes!
    We are going to be in the 50s today, still lots if rain this morning. I love Fall weather. It is my favorite season for weather. Oh wait, I do like snow for a bit of the winter!
    I will stop by SS.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't join you in the bit of snow, the only way I like it is to see it somewhere other than where I am.

      Delete
  7. Last week was in the 80's....this week barely getting to the 60's.....and of course i packed for the 70's..which is the norm. Glad Ray is healing......i think we all go 'blonde' as we age.
    hugs abby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, Ray always said weather in your neck of the woods was changeable daily or sometimes hourly.

      Are you doing okay?

      Delete
  8. Hi Sunny, oh poor Ray, silver is sexier than blonde tell him. We too have been so lucky with the weather, autumn is late arriving here , ant minute now!
    love Jan,xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope your autumn doesn't come in the form of two days and then winter.

      His time in lala land has finally come to an end - he can't pretend anymore.

      Delete
  9. Missed wishing Ray a speedy recovery. I can totally sympathize with him are the blonde hair. My gray/silver/white is starting to arrive and it really sucks. No longer will I be that blonde. Vainly, I was always proud to be a real blonde. I know, don't hate me for being so silly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's lucky, his really is a pretty silver. My MIL was a true blonde too and her's turned yucky.
      He was always proud of his hair color too, one time a friend wanted to take him to her stylist to see the color because she wanted it. Our daughter, who too is a true blonde, actually dyed her hair red for a while because she was sick of the blonde jokes. Go figure.

      Delete
  10. love your aimless ramblings... :-) a pretty picture. It rained here most of yesterday...and now I see some blue skies trying to peek through. Glad Ray is healing well. I am not a blonde...but if the grey was instead a pretty silver perhaps I would not feel the need to color it...as is...my daughter reminds me when it is time to color again...:-) Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Terps.

      I'm lucky too, I used to color my hair and one day I just stopped. It's pretty though, I'm not being vain, I'm told all the time.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. Make it a Great Day