Thursday, October 9, 2014

Throw Back Thursday




PK over at New Beginnings has been posting a Throw Back Thursday which apparently has been happening at FB - which I entirely missed.  I decided to go back in the archives and found this one from way back when.  I think it's still appropriate today, don't you?

1. Fine--This is the word we use to end an argument when we know we are right and they need to shut up.
2. Nothing--Means something and he needs to be worried.
3. Go Ahead--This is a dare, not permission, do not do it.
4. Whatever--A woman's way of saying screw you.
5. That's Okay--She is thinking long and hard about how and when you will pay for your mistake.

I think I received this in an email and it struck the right chord.  I know that Fine and Whatever are words that my husband is very familiar with - so much so that now even he is using them. He said that whoever wrote this must be living in our house.  



See you later for more Aimless Ramblings.

24 comments:

  1. I doubt there is a female who has not used all of those repeatedly....
    hugs abby

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read a similar thing to this before, but I can't remember it all any more. I do remember,however, that when a woman is asked if anything is wrong, and she replies "Nothing", the man should be very scared.

    Hugs
    Ami

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yup, yup, still applies today. LOL on that picture!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is so truth, SG and it applies not only in English ..lol

    Hugs,
    Mona Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  5. These do hit the nail on the head. And have used them over and over.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh yes Sunny...these are still appropriate today! I have a jpg somewhere with these sayings. ;)

    Oh and that 'fine line'...no prescription here. LOL

    Hugs and Blessings...
    Cat

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loved the list. I remember reading on one of the blogs that using "Whatever" was deemed unacceptable in her household, that it was too disrespectful and I was surprised. And in this list, too, it is strong in meaning. I tend to say it with rising intonation to end a conversation where we're disagreeing on an idea and we just need to agree to disagree and move on. No big deal.

    Fine, as used by me, is often used in combination with nothing as in ... What's wrong? Nothing, I'm fine. (I'm angry and don't want to talk about it now if you are so dense that you have to ask.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember reading that too. Definitely not in my house.

      Delete
  8. Hi Sunny, oh yes I know all these words, I think they are at the top of my vocabulary!
    love Jan,xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this Sunny, definitely still applies today, certainly Rick has heard most of these many times. LoL at the pic

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So has Ray and as the blog says he's even adopted a few of them.

      Delete
  10. Yep, used them all.

    Love,
    Ronnie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. They scare the sh*t out of me! Ahum. And the lot of you is proud of that? You are an evil species, I think. Man do not hold a chance against women. Really.

    Girls just wanna have fun,

    Han

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are not evil, devious maybe. But then you're usually bigger and stronger so we have to use different tactics.
      Now you know you really love it because where would you be without us. ;-)

      Delete
  12. Fine is definitely not FINE!! Boy oh boy!
    Love this.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Make it a Great Day