Tuesday, October 28, 2014

We're Here

Goodby Texas

Hello Arizona


We're here.  That's the message I've texted to RL friends and family yesterday.  We've been on the road since Friday and have I mentioned I hate the traveling but love having the ability to spend the time in places that having the RV affords us.  We arrived safely with no bumps in the road.  Along the way, there was a birthday thrown in but we will celebrate, with all the trimmings, maybe on Halloween.  Seems appropriate to me and I am sure Ray will appreciate the sentiment.  :-)


I want to thank everyone who stopped by to wish me a happy blogaversary. Internet was very sketchy so I wasn't able to thank all of you individually for your wonderful comments, but I didn't want you to think I forgot or wasn't appreciative so I decided on this blog post.

Yesterday afternoon, I called my bestie of 40+ years to tell her we'd see her today and later that afternoon as we sat outside enjoying the lovely sunset, all our neighbors came by to welcome us back, that's the beauty of staying in the same place all the time.  So, we'll be here until late April when we make the trek back to Texas.  Well, except for Christmas week when we'll take a road trip to CA to be with the grands.  They're coming here for Thanksgiving, so looking forward to that.

Hope we get used to the new time zone soon, waking at 5:00 am makes for a very long day, and I start to peter out a little too early, then fall asleep to awake at 5:00 the next day,  a vicious circle.

Enough aimless rambling for now and I'll see you again next time.

20 comments:

  1. Glad you had a safe trip. I never thought that RVing would be for me....but you make it sound like a maybe...It is 75 here today....snow by Friday..AZ sounds appealing.
    hugs abby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that 75 today and snow by Friday. Sounds like what we used to get in Denver.

      Delete
  2. I wish you a fine time together, Sunny.

    Greetings from

    appy

    ReplyDelete
  3. SG,

    Happy you had a safe trip. I've tried to persuade P to rent a motor home and take 12 months off to do some travelling but no luck.

    Love,
    Ronnie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay to arriving safely! Hope your Halloween birthday celebration turns out well!
    My Scotsman and I always talk about RVing like you and Ray!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy to hear you arrived safely. Wishing you a wonderful birthday celebration. One bright thing regarding the time difference...Arizona doesn't change for daylight savings. ;)

    Hugs and Blessings...
    Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cat. I know about the DST, wish it had already happened, now I have to get used to everybody's else time again come Sunday.

      Delete
  6. Glad you had smooth traveling and have arrived safely at your destination. :-) Have a happy Halloween! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sunny, glad you had a safe and smooth trip. Sounds like a lovely welcome and how great to spend time with your bestie :) Hope you have a wonderful Halloween Birthday celebration!

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
  8. So this one is your Winter home... I mean Arizona.
    Enjoy, SG.

    Hugs,
    ML

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Sunny, glad you got there safely, hope you have a lovely winter!
    love Jan,xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jan. I hope so too and wish the same for you.

      Delete
  10. I am dreadfully envious, but Dan says I have to wait a while before we are able to go travelling again. I am, however, determined to pay the US some more visits before too long. Arizona sounds amazing.

    Hugs and have a great birthday celebration! Forget the years, be your shoe size!

    Ami

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Make it a Great Day