Friday, March 8, 2013

Loving Life

Hubby, maybe I should give him a name.  Everyone seems to be naming their husbands.  Maybe I'll ask him what he wants to be called.  

At any rate, he pointed out that we are leaving for Texas this year on the same day as last year.  Looking forward to going but it will not be the same.  Last year, our families were whole, this year there is a hole.  Granted by the time we left last year, the hole already existed but our feelings were so raw and she was so very much present emotionally and spiritually, if not physically, that it didn't seem real. This year it will be very real.  I now understand why my sibling has such a difficult time going "home". It has to be so hard to go home to emptiness after thirty-seven years because it feels strange to me knowing she won't be there.  It's coming up to a year of firsts, her birthday, their anniversary, his birthday.  We'll be there through them all and relive all the memories and toast to all the good times spent together.

Hubby distracted me.  He's getting ready to go out and just watching him gave me that little tingle.  What is it.  Lillie, posted about it last month, the clitoral tug it's called.  How does he have that power after so much time? Don't know, really don't care, just glad it's still there.

Some more aimless rambling, was just distracted again by Mrs. Hummingbird. Short attention span today, actually I suffer from the shiny penny syndrome. We have a eucalyptus tree just outside our door and a couple of weeks ago we noticed a lot of hummingbird activity.  Our eyes followed her to this beautiful nest in the tree.  It is a work of art, at least from the ground.  She is a vigilant mother, not leaving for more than a few minutes at a time.  Last week there were some cold temps and  horrible winds and I really feared for them but although a large protecting branch fell, she and the nest are still there.  I hope they hatch before we leave. It would be something to see.  They are small but mighty creatures.  

Today, hubby, there it is no name again, was sweeping the floor and I went into the bedroom to get out of the way and I feel whap, whap, whap with the broom on my backside.  He informed me the target was too good to pass up.  Gotta love him.

We have friends visiting this weekend. They are fellow RVr's and we have a great time whenever we are together.  So even though the weather is supposed to be not the best we will have lots of fun and laughter.  Life is good. 

Well I've gone on and on and said nothing.  We are enjoying the rest of our time here with our friends, going to baseball games and just living life - hoping you are doing the same.

See you later for more Aimless Ramblings.




28 comments:

  1. I LOVE to hear about your Aimless Ramblings and participate in "my mind's eye".

    I am sorry it is difficult and sad for you at this time. Although people say that the first year is the worst, I think that even after many years, the loss of a loved one still causes ripples of pain across your heart. We somehow live through it because we have to. I don't think it gets any easier, but we learn acceptance.

    I love the description of the humming bird. They are delightful creatures. All the birds here are beginning to wake up and answer the calls of Spring. It's just a pity that there is little evidence of that as far as sunshine is concerned. We've had a fox lurking around the bird feeders this last couple of nights. He always leaves paw prints and a pungent smell behind!

    An impulsive swat with a broom is fun! Is it a 'corn broom' or the traditional sort? We have a 'witches' broom in the gardening shed. It's sometimes called a besom'. That is also the name for a recalcitrant wife!

    Many hugs,

    Ami

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ami, you're too sweet. It's nice and difficult to remember at the same time.

      Love those impulsive swats and it's a regular broom.

      Delete
  2. Hi Sunnygirl, As the years go on it will get easier but this first one will be the hardest. You have my sympathy.
    My hubby too has no name, I can't seem to think of one, he is who he is, how can I call him something else. Nope not going to happen.
    Swats any way they happen are heartwarming aren't they?,
    love janxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The swats are heartwarming as well as butt warming.

      Thanks for your kind thoughts.

      Delete
  3. Hi Sunny, I'm so sorry this is a sad an difficult time for you. The 'firsts' are always the hardest.

    I hope you have a wonderful weekend with your visitors. Impulsive swats are always great aren't they? Love your description of the humming birds.

    Hugs,
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Roz. And yes, I love those impulsive swats.

      Delete
  4. Hey Sunny, I'm so glad that you will be there for your brother and all the family. Very soon it will only be the good times that you'll think about.

    I love the rambling, it's like sitting and visiting over a cup of coffee or a class of wine, just talking. I think that getting a swat because the 'target is too good to pass up' is about as romantic as a spanko can hear!

    Talk soon,
    PK

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad too. Thanks for the sweet words. Love the commment about the swats.

      Delete
  5. I too love your ramblings...and how obvious the love is between you and "hubby."

    All the best as you spend time with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sunny, I love visiting here before I start my day! Wishing you a comforting visit with your brother and family ... and safe travels.

    Now, should I go shovel out the car or just work remotely today, must listen to the road reports. It will still be a couple months before I see hummingbirds here, hope you get to see yours hatch before you leave.

    Take care,
    Meg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Meg, I love you stopping by. I didn't seem Momma hummingbird today so I think they may have hatched and I missed it. We're having a heckuva thunderstorm tonite so I almost hope they are in a better place.

      Delete
  7. Your 'aimless ramblings' are always a joy to read, thanks for sharing. It is good that you will all be together, that first year brings tears,,,and treasured memories. Have a wonderful time with your friends.
    hugs abby

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh sunnygirl,
    it really is harder as people fade into memory. The emptiness is rough.

    Appreciating life is a very good thing! I hope that you fully enjoy the rest of your stay there, and wish you all the best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind thoughts. I feel if we don't keep on living we are dishonoring the memory of those that passed.

      Delete
  9. I have to agree with others, love your ramblings and happy that you share them with us.

    The first year is the hardest so its good that you will all be together.

    Love, hugs and safe travels.

    Ronnie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ronnie and yes I am glad we are able to be together.

      Delete
  10. Hey Sunny, the first year is the hardest in some ways and it’s good that you will be there for your brother and the family.

    Here are a few suggestions for hubby’s name: Gene or Fred since he is a wonderful dance partner? How about Chas (Cat House A$$ Spanker)?

    Have a great weekend with your visiting friends.

    Blessings,
    Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cat, thanks for you kind words and I am glad that I will be there.

      Gene or Fred won't work, but the Chas thing is great, can't believe you remembered that.

      Thanks

      Delete
  11. Sunny, those ramblings aren't aimless. I love to read them and they put a smile even on my usually smile-less face.
    What I read here is life. Beginning of life, ending of life and all the good things in between.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Bas, I think if there is not a smile on your face, there is always a smile in your heart. And you're right, the cycle is there in one blog post.

      Delete
  12. Sunnygirl,
    I hope you have a lovely trip and I am very sorry for your "hole". The holes in our family keep getting bigger as I age and I just don't like it. It is nice to be able to celebrate the memories, though.
    Bea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's true, the holes do keep appearing, the sucky part of life.

      Delete
  13. Aimless...no way! I adore visiting and hearing how you are choosing to enjoy every moment. I hear that the first year is hard, but I am sure you will create many positive memories as your family continues to share life and love.

    Those swats are worth all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Minelle. Thank you. And you're right, the swats are worth all.

      Delete
  14. This is so lovely. I have tears in my eyes. I haven't been home in so long, and when I do finally go, there will be a space there as well, and my family will not be as it was. We are lucky to have husbands who love us, and families who are there, in some way, despite the ebb of those who travel on, be it across a country or across the heavens, and the flow of those who have opportunity to return.

    I wouldn't worry about naming your husband. I finally settled on Mr. W simply because, in shortened form, it's his name. Now, when I think about writing about spanking, that is how I think of him, but it's been a six year process. If he is meant to be called something particular, your hands and heart will find it as you type. For now, call him as you will, and know your words mean more than just the naming of a person. They are the describing of a soul.

    Best wishes,
    Abby W.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for stopping by. You are right we are lucky to have loving husbands and families who we love and love us on no matter what plane.

      Yes, I've asked him and he doesn't seem to have a preference so as you said unless I get a brain storm he will probably stay "hubby".

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. Make it a Great Day