Monday, March 11, 2013

Gemma's Lucky Find




When Gemma was a little girl she was always saving her nickels and dimes.  She planned to use the money to send her parents on a trip to Ireland.  He mum and da had migrated to America when they were very young and always talked about going back to Ireland to visit their parents and their many siblings who still resided there.

When she was twelve she had saved up $265 and presented it to them on their anniversary.  She was so proud of herself that she was giving them a present they had always talked about.  Her mum and da cried when she gave it to them.  Obviously, $265 was not going to go far in getting that trip to Ireland but they didn’t discourage her by telling her so.  They just never went and after that no longer talked about it either.  Not that she knew it then, but the money went into her college fund. 

After college, Gemma enjoyed a successful career as a financial planner.  She never forgot her parents wish to return to Ireland and on their 35th anniversary she presented them with tickets. She knew if she just gave them the money they would use it for everything but the trip they had so desired for years.  She also knew they would never accept the money needed to enjoy a great time so she made arrangements for hotels, tours, etc.  She also decided it would be a perfect time to get to know her relatives too so she would travel along with them for part of the time.  They were overwhelmed and were more excited than she had seen them in years.

Upon arrival, they were whisked away to Galway by her Aunt Ciara and Uncle Sean.  It was wonderful getting to know everyone and hearing about their lives.  Before she knew it her portion of the trip was ending and she would be flying back to America. 

During the trip, one of her cousins, Connor, introduced her to Shamus O’Malley.  He had gone to university with him and although Shamus was an American he often traveled to Ireland on business.  He always managed to get in touch with Connor on these trips and they would raise cain with the best of them.  Gemma really liked Shamus and when she found out he also lived in the Boston area suggested they get together when they were both back in America.

“That’s a little forward for an Irish lass, isn’t it? He asked

“Is it ?, she answered coyly. “Don’t forget I am an American Irish Lass”

“I am an American Irish Lad, but I’m an old fashioned guy.  Just teasing though.”

“Here’s my info, do with it what you want but I’d love to hear from you.” She told him.

Unbeknownst to them until they met at the airport, they were both booked on the same flight back to Boston.  Shamus  managed to coerce her seat partner to switch seats so they spent the trip getting to know one another.

Shamus was a striking man.  Not a handsome pretty boy but a rugged, good looking type.  He was not quite six feet tall, with the bluest eyes that just glinted with mischief and lots of black hair with a few silver strands here and there.  It curled just at his neck and ears and Gemma had the greatest urge to wet it and tamp it down.   He was stockily built and reeked masculinity.  He had little crinkly lines around his eyes and mouth that she attributed to his love of life and laughter. 

By the time the plane landed in Boston, they had made plans for the next three weeks.  That was fine with Gemma.  Although she had been in a few relationships none of them were with men she thought she could be happy with beyond a couple of months.  In one way or another, none of them had measured up to what she considered “keepers”.  She had the feeling Shamus would be different but time would tell.

For their second date, Shamus had scored tickets to the Boston Symphony and invited Gemma to join him. She was to meet him at the ticket counter at 7:30 pm on the day of the event. Gemma got involved in a project and lost track of the time.  She called Shamus and told him she was running a little late.  Unfortunately,  she got stuck in traffic and didn’t get their until 8:15pm.  She did not call him again and when she arrived Shamus was upset and expressed his displeasure.

“You should have called me to tell me you were stuck.  It wouldn’t have made a difference for the performance but I wouldn’t have worried as much.  I could have left the ticket for you at will call and you could have come in to join me when you arrived.  It is something I would have suggested if you had called me.  But you didn’t and so we both missed the first half hour of the performance” Shamus lectured.

“I’m sorry, I told you I was running late. I didn’t think I had to call you again”

“Courtesy dictates you should have done so.  There was a performance time involved and it made a difference”

“As I said, I’m sorry.  If that’s not enough I don’t know what to tell you, maybe you should spank me” she said jokingly.

“Maybe I will” he said.

She didn’t say a word.  They walked into the theatre and an usher directed them to their seats.  Gemma continued to think about the conversation during the performance.  Did he really mean he would spank her?  He had told her in Ireland he was an old-fashioned man, did that mean he believed in disciplining his female companions?  She wasn’t sure how she felt about that and she would just have to wait and see.  She decided not to make any preconceived judgments because she had noticed just a tiny tingle in her female parts when he mentioned spanking.  Over the years, she had read romance novels that had the damsel spanked by her boyfriend, lover, husband and she always thought it terribly romantic.
Would this be the case with Shamus?

After the performance, they walked over to a small bistro and had some appetizers and drinks.  They talked about the wonderful performance.  Shamus did not say anything about her late arrival other than he wished they had been able to see the whole performance. Once again she apologized.  He told her she was forgiven but to please not make the same mistake again or he would have to spank her – just as she had expressed.

There were those tinglies again in her nether regions.

After the three weeks of dates they had planned on their return trip, they were falling in love.  He could see it in her and she felt it in him.  The following weekend he invited her to a St. Patrick’s Day party his folks were giving.  All of his siblings would be there and he wanted to introduce her to them.  She was thrilled.  He had already met her parents and they couldn’t have been happier that she was involved with someone of Irish descent, and someone the Irish portion of her family had known a long time.  That was like the Good Housekeeping Seal of Approval.

She was a little apprehensive but just knew his family would be as lovely as Shamus and she was looking forward to meeting them.  When they arrived everybody greeted them with open arms.  Once they found out that she was a cousin of  Connor O’Brien’s it was even better.  One of Shamus’ sister-in-laws, Caitlin, pulled her aside and asked if she knew what she was getting into?

“What do you mean?” she asked.

“All of them are spanko’s.  They live and breathe domestic discipline.  I’m pretty sure their Da has preached this their entire lives.  Their mum has never said a word but I’ve noticed things a time or two.”

“Are you telling me that you get spanked?”

“Yep, and so does Colleen, Mary and Siobhan.  Like I said I’m pretty sure Mum  has spent time over his dad’s knee too”

“Why do you put up with it?  It must be so humiliating being treated like a child when you’re a grown woman” Gemma said.

“I used to think that way and then I realized it was nice having someone else take the responsibility for decisions I didn’t want to make.  Paddy had the duty and getting a spanking once in a while when I didn’t measure up didn’t seem so bad. Actually, in addition to the correction spankings there are also good girl spankings that just send me to another place.  And the sex – well that makes any of the discomfort of a punishment spanking worth it;  at least to me.  I can’t say it any clearer than that, but that’s your decision to make if you are going to stay with Shamus because I just can’t see him being any different than his brothers.

“Unfortunately, I think you are right about that and that is something I am going to have to think about accepting” Gemma said.

“Good luck and I hope I didn’t scare you off, I think we could become great friends” Caitlyn said.

When the evening was over and Shamus and Gemma were heading home he asked her what she thought.  She told him she loved his family but told him what Caitlin had told her.

“She was right, Gemma.  I see that it works for my brother’s and I don’t plan on doing anything different.  I told you when we first met I was an old-fashioned guy and I plan on being the authority in my household.  Is this something you think would be acceptable to you?  I know you are a strong independent woman and I would not want you to change.  I will always listen to what you have to say and will always respect your opinions but I will make the final decisions.  My word is law and if “my wife” steps over that line she will find herself over my knee”

“Yes, that’s pretty much what Caitlin said – but she seemed fine with it and said there were such things as good girl spankings and that the sex was wonderful.  Maybe we should experiment with a good girl spanking” she said laughingly.

“I think that’s an excellent idea. I love experiments and I’ve been thinking about spanking that cute bottom of yours for sometime”

He stepped on the gas as they sped toward her place to do some lab work.