Monday, January 22, 2018

Monday's Tale


Sorry this is late posting.  I had this niggly feeling last night to make sure it was going to come up, but did I listen.  Of course not..  Instead of scheduled it was still listed as draft so ...  


Well, another week went by and I didn't get back here after Monday's story.  I'm so glad you still keep coming back. The weather this past week has been frightful in some places, how about where you are? I'm just grateful to live where the climes don't change all that much, except when it's 110 outside, but at least I don't have to shovel that.  

This past week I went to see The Post - the movie with Tom Hanks and Meryl Streep.  It was fantastic.  So much of it I remembered from having lived through those times but it's still so pertinent to what's going on with 45 and his 'fake' news.  If you have a chance, don't miss it.

For this week, I've decided to continue last week's story. From the looks of it, I will be continuing it again as soon as I know where it's going.  lol.  Hope you enjoy and I'm open to any ideas.

Those Were The Days (Part one here)


When Lindsey was six years old, I convinced Rod I should go back to work.  With Lindsey in school all day I was at my wit’s end.  He was not too keen on the idea, but I kept after him until he finally gave in.  I think his hand got tired – my butt had hardened over the years.  Luckily, I was able to find a position in the same district in which Lindsey went to school making our schedules mesh.  Our life was great.  Rod loved his job, Lindsey liked school and I was happy to be back teaching. 

As Lindsey grew we had solved our dilemma of where I would get my butt spanked.  For the first few years, a closed bedroom door did the trick.  However, an inquisitive and wily little girl found out how to unlock the door and after a couple of close calls, Rod built a playhouse in the backyard for Lindsey.  He equipped it so as to accommodate grown-ups when the need arose. Little did Lindsey know the secret of her playhouse until one night after she was in bed, Rod led me to the playhouse for a spanking he felt I deserved.  I was less than quiet about the whole thing, both before and during when suddenly the door flew open and there stood two policemen with guns drawn telling us not to move.  Apparently, our neighbor had heard the commotion and reported the disturbance.  There I was, bare-assed over my husband’s knee.  I could hear the one policemen snicker.  Rod quickly helped me up and pulled up my jeans as we stood there in the beam of the flashlights.

“Are you okay, Ma’am?”

“Yes,” I stuttered.

“Do you want to make a complaint?”

“No.” 

It wasn’t bad enough that the policemen were there, but my neighbor too came over to check.  Not just one neighbor, but neighbors from across the street.  It was embarrassing especially when they asked the police if everything was okay and they replied that it would be better if they asked Rod and I.  Naturally, they asked Rod.  After stuttering and stopping, he said something about sexual play-acting. 

The neighbor who called in the complaint apologized. “It didn’t sound like play-acting to me, it sounded real.”

Now I knew that he had heard the whole damn thing.  How was I ever going to be able to show my face?  I was so angry with Rod, I stomped my way into the house and locked the door, leaving him to spend the night in the garage.  Once I calmed down, I came downstairs, surprised to see Rod sleeping on the couch.  I’d forgotten about the spare key in the garage. I covered him with the throw and started back upstairs.

“I’m not sleeping,” I heard him say.

“Obviously, neither am I.  I’m sorry for locking you out.”

“It didn’t work,” and he chuckled.

“I noticed.  I’m just so embarrassed.”

“Honey, believe me, no one is going to bring it up.  Forget about it.”

“I’ll tell you one thing, we are never using that playhouse again.  We’ll have to find another place.”

“How about California?”

“What did you just say?"

“I said California.”

“Isn’t that a little far to go for a spanking?” It was my turn to chuckle.

“Not if we’re living there.”

“As Ricky says, ‘you have some ‘splaining to do.’

“The promotion I just received is back to SoCal, you interested in going with me.”

I jumped over the ottoman to get to him.  “You're kidding, right.  Of course, I’m going with you. When do we leave?”’

“The job starts in two weeks.  Will you be ready?”

I was quiet as I processed this information.  His new job started in two weeks - should Lindsey and I follow right away or finish out the semester in Washington.  As much as I hated the idea of separation, I knew it would be best. 

“Honey, as much as I’d love to say yes, I think it best if you go and we follow after the end of this first semester.  After all, we don’t even have a place to live and I remember how busy you were when we came here, I hardly saw you for the first couple of weeks..”

“You’re right, but I wanted you to be part of the decision.  I remember the last time.”

I laughed.  Yeah, I remember it too and rubbed my bottom.   It didn’t even tingle anymore which surprised me.    I joined him on the couch and when things got a little too heated, we moved to the bedroom.  Suddenly, my embarrassment at being found out was not important.  Once I found out we were moving to California, I was too busy to contemplate what the neighbors might or might not say.  

The one thing about Rod’s job, his company took care of a lot of the relocation issues.  Rod was ensconced in one of those Spring Hill Marriott Suites and I’d stay with him on my house hunting trips down to California. A major criterion for me was a large soundproof area.  It was fun explaining that to a realtor –  slide little smiles followed my explanation. Finally, I was able to find a house in Manhattan Beach - an old California style ranch with lots of charm. The master suite was at one end while the other bedrooms occupied the opposite end.  Not only that but the former owner worked nights so he had our end of the home soundproofed so his sleeping wouldn’t create problems for the rest of the family.  How considerate of him and such a blessing for us.  Haha   We tested it out the first night we spent in the house, Lindsey never heard a thing.

By the end of May, we were settled, Rod loved his job and Lindsey was happy in her new school and environment.  I applied to be a substitute teacher at the local school district and had been accepted for the new school year.

In June, we were invited to a neighborhood party.  We were excited to meet new people and looked forward to increasing our social circle.  The party was at a house on the next block and as we approached the house we could hear the frivolity.  We were told a pool and a hot tub was available if we wanted to indulge and obviously, there were people already using the pool.  The host met us at the door and immediately handed us a drink and began introducing us the others.  Most of the couples were about our age and seemed willing to accept us into their group.  Conversations were a little racier than in Washington, but after all, this was California and life was different here.  It wasn’t until I glanced out at the pool to see a woman, completely naked, step out of the pool.  A completely naked man was right on her heels.


I was stunned.  I hoped someone would hand them a towel or something.   No one else seemed to notice.    I was looking for Rod when I noticed the host slap the hostess on the behind, not once but three times, and propel her out of the room.  She giggled the whole time.  What had we gotten ourselves into?



See you later for more Aimless Ramblings.

16 comments:

  1. Excellent continuation! Where's the party, I think I want to stop by.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sunny, I think I want to go too!
    love Jan, xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you decided to continue this one, Sunny. California in the swinging sixties!
    Rosie xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't get there until 69 but the 70's were kind of fun too.

      Delete
  4. I am glad, also, that you continued the story and can't wait for more.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shall we all move to California and have a party?? Have a good week...hugs abby

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi there Sunny, :) What muse were you talking about???? Love LOVE LOOOVE where you have taken this story! Sounds like a fun party to me. Let's all crash the party! Many hugs,

    <3 Katie xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you're enjoying the story, I can't wait to see where it's going next. lol

      Delete
  7. Hi Sunny, I will always come back here for your wonderful stories. Thank you for the heads up on the movie, will have to check it out.

    I'm so glad you continued this story and love where it's going. That is some party, can't wait to read more! :)

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're too sweet Roz. I hope I didn't steer you wrong on the movie - I really enjoyed it.

      Delete
  8. I will have to check out that movie too! and great continuation of this story!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't imagine you will be disappointed at the story. Meryl Streep is such a fine actress.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. Make it a Great Day