Friday, April 15, 2016

Waiting

Good Morning All

I'm at the end of my second week here in Colorado.  The time has gone both slow and fast.  I'm missing Ray and I can tell by his voice he is missing me.  He has the harder part because he's alone.

My friend is doing very well, she had her week out doctors visit yesterday and he was pleased with her progress.  She can see out of her left eye and is starting to make out letters and such - a great success.

I have put somewhat of a dent in my reading list, but unfortunately, I keep adding so I'm not sure my Kindle knows the difference.  I haven't done much writing, I can't seem to harness my thoughts enough to get them to the keyboard.  Speaking of writing, the sale of my latest, Finding Love at the Trail's End, is slow going. I wasn't able to publicize much so can I ask you a favor?  If you've read the book, would you please post a review, only if it's wonderful, of course. No. I'm kidding, be honest as I hope you will always be with me. The reviews are so important, they drive Amazon ratings and, of course, sales.

The weather thus far has been perfect. Yesterday, I actually sat outside and refreshed my faded out Arizona tan.  Today we're waiting for rain and tomorrow snow.  Such is life in Colorado.  I've been trying to get a good pic of the snow covered Rockies, but I'm always driving when the perfect picture presents itself.  I think I'll have a good chance to get even more snow covered pics within a day or so and I'll share.

Until then, here are pics I took on my walk the other day. Notice Mr. and Mrs. Mallard in the pic on the right. Soon little quackers will be trailing behind /


Cara Bristol is visiting today over at my author's site.  Her new book is a peek into life way back in the mid 20th century.  Sounds ancient, doesn't it but I'm talking about the 50's and 60's.  Please stop
by and say hello.

Until later, that's all the Aimless Ramblings I have for now.  Have a good weekend.

16 comments:

  1. Hi Sunny, Poor Ray!
    Well I have read it, enjoyed it and I have just been and reviewed it,
    hope it helps
    love Jan, xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Jan. I really appreciate the help.

      Delete
  2. Colorado is one of my favorite places. Enjoy your stay and your friend. Maybe Ray should join you there :) Some romance in the mountains sounds good!

    Hugs,
    Clara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree - Colorado is beautiful but I don't like snow which is why we don't live here anymore.

      I invited Ray - he passed, he'd rather it be just us and not a threesome. lol

      Delete
  3. Sunny,
    It won't be long now.
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  4. Colorado is a nice place to visit but they can keep the cold. Shivers. Hope it won't be much longer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree Rose, which is why we don't live here anymore. One more week.

      Delete
  5. Happy your friend is doing well, Sunny...sending prayers and healing energy that she continues to heal and improve. Hopefully you and Ray will be back together soon. Sorry, haven't read your latest book yet...still struggling to find time to read all those on my list ahead of you.

    Hugs and blessings...Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cat for the prayers and healing energy. They're working.
      One more week.
      I understand about the list, mine grows ever longer.

      Delete
  6. Colorado is best in the summer! Cool and lots of good fishing. I will get a review done at Amazon and am working on an Ella's Bookshelf one as well.

    Glad things are going well with her recuperation. You are such a dear to be there for her.

    Ella

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I so agree Ella - Co is best in the summer - actually anytime when there is no threat of snow. Thanks Ella, I appreciate your reviews.

      That's what friends are for, no?

      Delete
  7. It's good to hear your friend is getting on well. Won't be long before you're home and away from the snow and back with Ray. I hate snow.
    Rosie xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Sunny, so glad to hear your friend is doing so well, thank you for sharing the lovely pics. Won't be long before you and Ray are looking forward to a lovely reunion :)

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love Colorado! Snow, not so much though. Glad you're friend is doing well. I'm sure Ray will make sure you have a nice home-coming when you head back. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Um ... your ... that should be ... not you're. Ooops! lol

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. Make it a Great Day