Monday, April 18, 2016

SNOWY Family Secrets


Hello everyone.  SNOW, SN0W and more SNOW. Anyone that's been here before knows how much I dislike the snow and cold.  Well, if I ever needed a reason to remember why I don't live in Colorado anymore, this weekend refreshed my memory.  After almost two weeks of beautiful weather, the rain came followed by snow. It snowed all day Saturday and it's noon on Sunday and the darn white stuff is still coming down.  Granted, it's not as bad as it could be because it compacts down, but still.  If you've never lived in this type of climate you find it hard to believe that melting is going on when the thermometer says it's below freezing.  It took me quite a while to get that and it still surprises me to go out and hear the melting snow dripping down the drainpipe and running down the street while it is still snowing and you're freezing your fanny off.

The flowering trees and gardens won't be so pretty after this.  Such a shame. The good news is that next week this time I will be home.  HOME, never sounded so good.  Ray will be happy too, I think he might miss me.  :-) I know I sure miss him. The patient is doing fine and I think she too will be ready to get back to her real life.

Here's Part IV of the Family Secrets. If you want to read from the beginning, click here.  I never intended it to be this long, but..


Damn it, she mumbled under her breath.  I didn’t plan on having to face that SOB quite so soon.

The van stopped and the driver got out and assisted Micah in loading the two bicycles.  Micah stepped into the van.  With a brief nod of his head to Angela, he settled in. Two seconds later he began his lecture.

“That had to be the most assinine thing I’ve ever experienced.  You huff off in the middle of nowhere, in the blazing sun and heat of the day, without water, sunscreen or head covering.  Don’t you have any common sense at all?”

Instead of feeling chagrined at the lecture, it only raised her ire.

“I have plenty of common sense.  I’ve never been treated like that in my life and I didn’t want to subject myself to any more of your autocratic behavior.”

“Autocratic behavior, I think not.  You kicked me in the shins, I merely gave you what you deserved.  Frankly, I don’t think I went far enough and the fact that you’ve never been teated like that in your life means you are sorely lacking.  I think you need to be spanked again and often.”

Farley, the driver, couldn’t help but hear their raised voices and at that last comment from Micah, he wasn’t able to pretend any longer and laughed out loud.

“How rude of you to listen to our conversation and have the audacity to laugh at my predicament,” Angela said to Farley.

“I’m sorry miss, but you are speaking loudly and I can’t help but hear.”

Micah intervened.  “Along with no common sense, you also have no manners.  I repeat my statement, you should be spanked and often.  Didn’t your daddy ever take you over his knee?”

“For your information, Mr. Micah Jamison, I never knew my daddy.  From what I’ve recently learned, I’m better off for not knowing the man.”

“Well, that explains why you are the way you are.”

“What the hell is that supposed to mean?”

“I should think it would be obvious.  You don’t like or trust men?”

Micah’s comment stopped Angela in her tracks.  It hit home, she realized she didn’t trust men.  Not that she knew that many, but those she had come in contact with always seemed to have an agenda.  Was it her character flaw or theirs? 

The rest of the ride back to the cottage was silent.  No one had anything else to say. The van dropped her off at the cottage and she merely stepped out and said thank you. 

Farley merely nodded, but Micah couldn’t let things alone.  “Are you thanking me for the outing, the spanking or the fact that you learned something you never knew about yourself?”

She gave him what she considered was her most odious look and walked into her cottage to the sound of his laughter.  She closed the door and leaned against it not knowing whether to laugh or cry.  Aunt Rose, did you know what you were getting me into by sending me here? Just then she heard her phone ring and it was the ring assigned to her Aunt Rose.  No one else had that ring and the hair on the back of her neck stood to attention. She could swear she heard her Aunt’s laughter.


Farley dropped off Micah at his place and help him unload the bikes.

“Quite a girl, that Ms. Angela,” Farley remarked.

“Umm, if you say so,” Micah responded.  He thought the same thing but he wasn’t about to let his feelings be known to Farley.  As it was, today’s story would be fodder around the island in minutes.  Somehow he was going to have to let Angela know she would be the topic of conversation until the next bit of gossip came along. 

He wasn’t sure how to was going to handle the situation.  She brought up feelings in him he hadn’t experienced before.  She was pretty, but not beautiful, yet he had never been so painfully aware of a woman.  It was exasperating.  She had the look of a woman whose sexual appetites had not been awakened, yet a woman who could become that infuriated that quickly must possess a great deal of passion.  He was in uncharted territory. Women offered themselves to him.  There was no effort required on his part.  Angela’s cool reserve was a challenge and one he wanted to conquer.




That was part of the appeal, her lack of interest in him as a man, her self possesion.  She did not defer to him nor did she signal in any way that she might be open.  She intrigued him and he wanted to know why they were necessary, what lay behind those defences. She was the most infuriating woman he had ever met.  He’d like to spank her senseless.  
He’d also like to make love to her until she begged for mercy.  She was a definite conundrum.

He took a cold shower and biked down to the wharf.  At Smalley’s he was greeted with catcalls and whistles from some of his friends.  Obviously, Farley had already spread the word about his jaunt with Angela.  After a few good laughs and backslaps, the uproar died down and he was able to almost forget about Angela and the outing from hell and enjoy himself.

Feeling no pain, he left  Smalley’s and biked home.  As he passed Angela’s cottage he noticed the lights.  Hell, I’m going to have to deal with her sooner or later, might as well get it over with.  Who knows she might even have a sense of humor and laugh about the whole thing.

He knocked on the door and when she didn’t respond he walked around back and found her sitting on the deck.

“Greetings,” he called out.

“Oh, it’s you.”

“Yes, I was coming back from an evening at Smalley’s and I saw your lights.  I think we have to talk.”

“Why would I want to talk to you?”

“Well, Farley is not the most circumspect man on the island.  The tale of today’s excursion has been told and retold and it has now taken on a life of its own.  I didn’t want you to go into town unawares.”

“and I don’t suppose you downplayed any of it.”

“It’s best to just let it play out.  I suggest we go into town together tomorrow.  We can face things head on.”

“Maybe I should just leave.  I can sell the cottage and never come back.”

“Yes, by all means take the cowards way out. That’s a bit dramatic, isn’t it?”  Micah replied

“Typical male reply.”

“Let’s not turn this into another test of wills.  I merely suggested it might be better for you if we faced this together.”

“All right.”

“Okay, we’ll go in early, cruise the shops and then have dinner at the Wharf.  Sound good to you?  May I suggest you bring your sense of humor and let some of those walls you’ve built around yourself tumble down a little.”

“Don’t you ever get tired of being God, I should think it would be exhausting.”

“I think I better go now or I’m liable to finish off what I started this afternoon.”

“I don’t believe you.  What you started?”

“Yes, after I warmed your bottom I had the greatest desire to take you in my arms and kiss you senseless.  I think along with spanking you need kissing too.  I also think you enjoyed it more than you let on, but we’ll leave that topic for another day.  Goodnight, Angela.


When he left Angela couldn’t believe what had transpired.  She had agreed to go out with the insufferable man on the morrow.  What’s wrong with me?  Suddenly the smell of roses filled the air.  Damn you Aunt Rose.



See you later for more Aimless Ramblings.

23 comments:

  1. Hi Sunny, sorry about the snow. You will be back to Ray and warmer climes before you know it. We are in autumn now and it is definitely cooling down. Glad your friend is doing so well.

    Am really enjoying this story, they seem as stubborn as each other. Thank you for sharing another instalment :)

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Roz, thank for the commiserations. THere's a time and place and April is not it. I know you're coming into the part of the year that cools down. Does it get cold cold where you are?

      Are you still feeling better? Hope so. How's hubby?

      Delete
  2. Hi Sunny, shame about the snow, no wonder you want to get back to Ray!
    It's lovely and sunny here today, just saying.... and teasing
    love Jan, xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope it's lovely and sunny there today - it's not here.
      But it's okay to tease, I have more sunny days in AZ than you do where you live. Is that teasing?

      Delete
  3. Commiserations on the nasty white stuff, Sunny. You'll be back in the warmth with Ray before you know it.
    I'm enjoying the story, looking forward to seeing how it pans out.
    Rosie xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rosie for the commiserations. My friend keeps pointing out that it's not that bad and she's right but I still want to vetch about it.

      Glad you're enjoying the story.

      Delete
  4. Loving the story SG. Thank you.

    Sorry about the snow. It dull here today but tomorrow I will be in sunny climes for a few days, can't wait:)

    Love,
    Ronnie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You lucky girl, you're basking in the sun right now. Have a ball.

      Delete
  5. Yes, we had snow in my neck of the woods on Friday that knocked out power for most of the day. Fortunately a fast moving storm and a beautiful on Saturday. The older I get, the less I like the cold and snow. Loved reading this and am looking forward to more!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Luckily, we didn't lose power. Spotty internet and tv reception but that was it. It finally cleared a little yesterday afternoon, but this morning it's gloomy again but at least it's not snowing.

      Glad you're enjoying the story and it's always nice to see your name pop up.

      Delete
  6. You should be out there sledding, who knows when you'll get the chance again. I don't blame Angela for being mad. Looking forward to what might happen next.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd probably break something. I can forgo the chance.

      Delete
  7. I am so enjoying this story, Sunny. There's something different about it that I cannot quite put my finger on, but I am fascinated with both characters. Now I must wait until next week!

    Know you are anxious to be home to Ray and some sun!

    Ella

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ella for stopping by. Glad you're enjoying the story.

      Delete
  8. I might cry if I saw snow right now!

    Glad you'll be home soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure I didn't, Misty.

      NIce to see you here.

      Delete
  9. Sunny,
    Sunshine and warm times are in your future for sure.
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  10. The more I read about the snow, the happier I am that Dragon got a job further south. I was so sick of the cold. I know you will be happy to get home!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will be happy to get home, in more ways than one.

      Delete
  11. Sorry you got hit with the snow, Sunny but at least it helps remind you of why you don't want to live in Colorado anymore. ;)

    This story is getting really good...can't wait to see where you go next with it.

    Hugs and blessings...Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right Cat because when I come when it's lovely I often wonder 'what if'.

      The story will conclude next week - at least for now.

      Delete
  12. I am sorry to hear about the snow...but it will make going home to the warmth all that much sweeter for you. :-) Hugs

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Make it a Great Day