Monday, May 7, 2018

Aimless Rambling

HOLA - It is Sunday afternoon here, on a very hot day (supposed to break the record of 106) and I'm sitting here thinking I have to write another chapter in the continuing story of Diane and Charlie.  Guess what - I just don't feel like doing it so I guess my muse is taking this week off.  I hate to break the cycle of Monday stories but it had to happen sooner or later.  There are always all my previous stories accessed my clicking Sunny Girl's Weekly Tales on the right.  It's not at all up to date but to some of you they may be brand new; after all, I've been doing it for years.

So what am I going to do with myself for the next few hours that I would normally spend writing, I'm going to read and maybe go to the pool and just maybe do absolutely nothing except contemplate the lint in my navel. Who says you have to fill up every minute of every day anyway?

Until next time, I live you with this.

Noah's Ark : Some lessons from Noah and his Ark:

ONE: Don't miss the boat.
TWO: Remember that we are all in the same boat!
THREE: Plan ahead. It wasn't raining when Noah built the Ark.
FOUR: Stay fit. When you're older, someone may ask you to do something really big.
FIVE: Don't listen to critics; just get on with the job that needs to be done.
SIX: Build your future on high ground.
SEVEN: For safety's sake, travel in pairs.
EIGHT: Speed isn't always an advantage. The snails were on board with the cheetahs.
NINE: When you're stressed, float awhile.
TEN: Remember, the Ark was built by amateurs; the Titanic by professionals.
ELEVEN: No matter the storm, there's always a rainbow waiting somewhere, and last but not least
TWELVE:  Stay on the top deck, you may get wet, but with all the animals on board, the lower you gom it's bound to get odiferous.

See you later for more Aimless Ramblings.


20 comments:

  1. Hi Sunny, hope you had a relaxing day, all that heat must be so draining. We are predicted a scorching bank holiday monday today, 29 degrees c so they say. Having a family barbecue to celebrate as for once there is no chance of rain!
    love Jan, xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sunday was a nice relaxing day and it did break that darn heat record. Today is expected to be another scorcher - I fear for the summer.

      Delete
  2. Hi Sunny,

    I think we can let you off a story just this once :) Hope you had a nice relaxing day keeping cool. Love the lessons from Noah!

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the reprieve. Maybe I need another "get out of jail free" card should it happen again. Glad that Noah saved the day.

      Delete
  3. Good morning, Sunny Girl! I have missed you. Please don't worry about no story for today. I would come to visit you if you posted your grocery list.

    Think it is maybe going to be a "Long Hot Summer." One of my favorite movies.

    Hugs From Ella

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll remember that about the grocery list - it's an idea that just might be necessary one of these days.

      Long Hot Summer wi Paul Newman right? I was thinking of another movie, maybe it was called Summertime. It was with Katherine Hepburn and Rossano Brazzi and at the time I thought it was the most romantic movie ever.

      Delete
  4. Hope you stayed cool Sunny and enjoyed your day. Love the Noah's Ark lessons, thanks for sharing.
    Hugs Lindy xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I fear the airconditioning is here to stay.

      Delete
  5. How dare you do what you want rather than cater to us? I knew it would come to this. I suppose you can be let off once. If it keep happening I have a variety of impliments

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do I need to get a "hall pass" for the next time this may occur?

      Delete
  6. I love this! I'm going to print it out and take it to work. Good reminders as my boss continues to drive me insane. :) Stay hydrated in this heat!
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  7. 106! Yikes! Hope you found a way to keep cool. The Noah's Ark lessons are great. I have to agree with PK by the way, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not you too! I asked her if I needed a hall pass in case it happens again.
      Noah's lessons are something to remember.
      Keeping cool is a relative term here in AZ - they're saying we're in for a cool down next week - only in the high nineties. Do you think I'll notice the difference.

      Delete
  8. Oh my goodness! I think I’d have to lie down in a darkened room in that kind of heat, Sunny! We have glorious weather here at last, 77F.
    I hope you had a peaceful day without that pesky muse, but I hope she’s back next week! Thanks for the Noah’s lessons.
    Rosie xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The darkened room is a way of life here in AZ - I feel as if I live in a cave most of the time, but it does keep the heat out - don't know how people lived here before air conditioning.

      Delete
  9. Sometimes doing nothing is the best. Stay as cool as you possibly can in that heat and enjoy your relaxation. :-) Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right about doing nothing - it is a very freeing feeling to allow yourself to do nothing.

      Delete
  10. SG - I hope you had a wonderful relaxing day. Same as Ella, whatever you posted I would read.

    Love,
    Ronnie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ronnie, you're so sweet. How was your little holiday. Hope it was everything you expected.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. Make it a Great Day