Thursday, February 15, 2018

An Update andThanks

Thank you everyone for stopping by and sending those Valentine wishes.  It was sweet.  I hope you all had a lovely day as well. Did you do anything special?  I think I mentioned that Ray and I decided to do sushi.  Usually, going out on Valentine's Day is a no go for us - it's always crowded, more expensive, and less meal choices, so we stay home.  That's why sushi was perfect - there aren't many people who chose it as a romantic choice.  We ate our fill and at the end were presented with some Dove chocolate hearts on our tip tray and upon leaving giving a bag of sweet treats.  So charming.

It was a perfect day too in that it rained all day long - not the pouring down rain that many of you experience, but the slow steady rain that patters on the roof, cleans the gutters, grows the greenery and makes us in rain-starved AZ absolutely giddy.

Still overcast today, but sunny days ahead.

Now for the tragic news that occurred on the day reserved for love.  Parkland Florida, my heart bleeds for you.  How do you get past this without thinking of those parents who sent their children to school in the morning never guessing they wouldn't see them come home safely.  Life is so fragile and even more so in this time of easy accessibility of guns - assault rifles, no less, in the hands of teenagers.  I live in an open carry state and I am still in awe when I see the man, or woman, for that matter, in front of me in the grocery line, with a gun attached to their hip.  It frightens me even more when,I see them holding onto children and all that child has to do is grab that gun for bedlam to ensue.  I liked my childhood world - not this adult one.

See you later for more Aimless Ramblings

10 comments:

  1. I’m glad you and Ray had a good time on Valentine’s Day.
    I don’t know what to say about yet another HS shooting. That kids, or any ordinary citizens for that matter, are still allowed to have assault rifles beggars belief.
    Rosie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. SG,
    I am glad you and Ray had a great Valentine's Day. Not a sushi fan, but know you had a good time.

    When the NRA buys votes and background checks for gun purchase are not in 45's proposed budget. Heartless ! I am just too upset to write more.
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy you and Ray had a lovely evening.

    I was so sorry to hear about another school shooting. Something needs to be done about your gun laws, not sure what though. Thank goodness that access to guns are restricted in the UK.

    Love,
    Ronnie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh How dreadful , we are watching the news at the moment. It is beyond our comprehension that we would see someone openly carrying guns in the shops.
    I am glad you had a nice Valentines, and enjoy the rain.
    love Jan, xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you had a nice Valentine's day celebration...so did we..umm..a little different than yours..going to blog about it tonite...maybe. As for the latest mass shooting...I agree with you about growing up...but how is it that no group is strong enough to stand up to the NRA...hugs abby

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sushi - perfect any night in my book.

    As for open carry, conceal carry, or any carry for that matter: how many children must we lose before the laws change? Even more importantly, what is it going to take for the attitude about gun violence to change? I can't remember there ever being a time when I went to school that kids were talking about shooting each other. You see it a lot on social media today. Our local HS had students posting a kill list about other students just last year. Have we raised a generation of video game playing youngsters who don't differentiate between what is supposed to be a game and what actually destroys lives? I can't stop crying for those families. I'm just sickened by it all.
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sunny, so glad you and Ray had a lovely Valentines celebration. Nice touches from the restaurant.

    The latest school shooting is such a tragedy. As I just said on Meredith's blog, I just can't imagine living in a country where people open carry. Will common sense ever prevail?

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely way to celebrate your valentines day with sushi Sunny. One of my favourite foods. I'm just speechless with all these shootings. Thank goodness we have strict gun laws over here.
    Stay safe America!
    Hugs Lindy xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Sunny, :) So glad that you and Ray had a lovely Valentine's Day! Sushi! YUM!!! Rob and I went out and had a light dinner of the same that night. SOooo good!

    Sweet about the rainy day enjoyment! I can't imagine things being so dry. Happy for you. It has been cloudy around here the last couple of days or so. I long for spring weather!

    I am heartbroken for the families who lost their precious children/relatives due to another senseless act of violence, that could have been prevented!!!! Abby said it above- "How is it that no group is strong enough to stand up to the NRA?" It's just awful!!! The time to make changes was years ago. Changes must happen now, and not get tied up in red tape, or forgotten. I'll end here... It's best. Many hugs and love,

    <3 Katie xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Sunny, :) So glad that you and Ray had a lovely Valentine's Day! Sushi! YUM!!! Rob and I went out and had a light dinner of the same that night. SOooo good!

    Sweet about the rainy day enjoyment! I can't imagine things being so dry. Happy for you. It has been cloudy around here the last couple of days or so. I long for spring weather!

    I am heartbroken for the families who lost their precious children/relatives due to another senseless act of violence, that could have been prevented!!!! Abby said it above- "How is it that no group is strong enough to stand up to the NRA?" It's just awful!!! The time to make changes was years ago. Changes must happen now, and not get tied up in red tape, or forgotten. Many hugs and love,

    <3 Katie xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Make it a Great Day