Monday, June 12, 2017

Learning As You Grow

I posted this ahead of time and hope it comes up as planned.  I am having fun this week, will be home for a day and a half before I'm off again to Colorado for three weeks. There might be reruns for a bit.  Until then, here's a new one.




We were very young when we got married.  Actually, it was on a dare. Some friends of our dared us to go get hitched.  Well, neither Jason nor I could ever resist a dare.  Off to Las Vegas we went, came back a little richer and hitched.

Jason had a string of luck at the Black Jack table.  Back then you could place a $2.00 bet, and it was straight Black Jack, no Gai Pong, or Mu Shu or whatever the hell they call some of those games – no shoe either – straight dealer – one deck.  Oh, the good ole days.  Anyway, I digress.

Considering neither one of us had any idea what to expect out of marriage, we thought we did pretty well.  With our Las Vegas windfall, we put a downpayment on a house, got a dog and began life as the usual suburban couple.  We were never able to complete the American Dream of 1.5 children.  Lord knows we tried, figuring that practice made perfect.  Not always true, at least not in our case.  All kinds of tests couldn’t find a reason, so we accepted what was and went on with life.

Somewhere down the line, we started drifting apart.  There was no anchor.  When Jason received a job offer in another state, he decided to accept the offer.  It was too good an offer not to.  I, on the other hand, decided to stay where I was.  We didn’t officially separate, divorce, or anything formal, just a ‘break’ and geographical separation to go on with our lives and see what happened.

We talked every couple of weeks and both of us could see the handwriting on the wall.  We had grown so far apart living together that the relationship was not sustainable when we were states away.  Neither of us took the next step until months later when we decided to make the break and file for divorce.

The funny thing was when Jason and I met to work out the details, something happened.  I can’t say it was a rekindling of former passion because we never had passion.  Suddenly, his welcoming hug and kiss electrified me and I wasn’t the only one to have that reaction.  We quickly pulled back from each other, holding each other at arm’s length and shrugging our shoulders.

“What was that?”

“I don’t know, should we do it again?”

“I think we should,” and I found myself gathered in his arms and being kissed the way of lovers, not separated husbands and wives.  The feeling was just as intense as before.  It was intoxicating and I wanted more. 

“I think we should rethink our recent decision,” I said to him.

“Let’s give it some time.”

                                    
Jason and I went to lunch at a nearby restaurant and couldn’t keep our hands off each other. We finally ended up in a hotel room rather than go back to our old house.  We spent the weekend finding a love and passion we’d never had.  By the time the weekend was over, we decided to put the divorce on hold.

THREE MONTHS LATER

I quit my job, we rented our house and I moved to Jason’s place in  Rhode Island.  It was almost as if we were starting out anew.  Gone was the laissez-faire attitude of the past.  I think we had finally grown up and realized that marriage was a partnership and needed cultivating much like a garden.  Things we used to take for granted now counted toward furthering and nurturing our newly found passion.

Jason was no longer willing to let us drift willy-nilly.  He had developed some spine, which was missing before and surprisingly I didn’t mind.  I actually liked being given direction and being held to new standards.   No longer was the laundry allowed to pile up indefinitely, nor were the dishes left in the sink until there wasn’t a clean one in the cupboard.  Until I found employment he made be responsible for the house; grocery shopping, cooking meals, laundry and general housekeeping duties, etc.  The first time he didn’t have any clean underwear he warned me that if it happened again, I’d be sorry.  I giggled at his stern warning and received a good hard swat on my behind for not taking him seriously.  “I’m warning you”, he said. 

I laughed.  “Whatever,” I said and he answered back with the same.

Thinking I’d be funny, I did do the laundry but didn’t put any clean underwear in his drawer. He wasn’t kidding.  The next morning when he didn’t find any clean underwear,  he pushed me over the vanity in the bathroom and lit into my ass with the bath brush.  I was yelling like all get out because it hurt like hell,  but he persisted.  When he was finished, the only thing he said was that I had been warned.  Back in the bedroom, I handed him a clean pair of shorts.

“What’s this?” he asked.

“I did do the laundry, as a joke, I didn’t put it away in your drawer.”

“Well, the joke was on you wasn’t it?” He snickered and came over and rubbed my still stinging hind end.  I felt the electrical current running through my body.

“I like this new Jason.”


“…and I like spanking that cute bottom of yours, so watch out.
,
I giggled and received a stinging swat for my efforts. 

Jason was late for work that morning.

TWO MONTHS AFTER THAT

"Honey, I want to show you something,"  I said and called him into the bathroom.  I handed him the stick.  He picked me up and swung me around the bathroom, landing a swat on my bottom when he put me down.  "Will you still spank mommies?"

"I don't know about mommies, but I'll still spank this mommy."


See you later for more Aimless Ramblings.

10 comments:

  1. Aw that was a really cute story. and I hope you're having fun in Colorado!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sunny, glad you are having a good time, have a wonderful time in Colorado.

    Wonderful sweet story, love the ending :)

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely story Sunny with a happy ending. Have a fun trip to Colorado.
    Hugs Lindy xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed the story and hope you are having a lovely time in Colorado. It's very pretty there this time of year.
    --Baker

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute story. Thanks SG. Enjoy your travels.

    Love,
    Ronnie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I guess to quote my mom ...what is meant to be...thanks for the smile..enjoy your travels. hugs abby

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope you are having fun!
    Love the new take on their romance!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Excellent! I really like this one!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you all for taking the time to stop by and read Glad you enjoyed and thanks for all the wishes for a great time.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Make it a Great Day