Monday, March 18, 2013

Life Is Never Dull



If you would like to read the earlier stories of Erica and Scott Carsons life, click here


Erica invited all of the kids over for a barbecue.  After everyone was full and lulled into submission she told them she had something for them to watch.

“You’re not getting out the old movie camera footage, are you Mom? Asked Jack.   Sarah tried to hush him.

“No, it’s not the old movie camera footage.  I was cleaning out the attic and going through some photos. I decided to convert some of our old photos to dvd’s.”

She put Jack’s copy into the player and as they sat around watching, his wife Sarah remarked how lucky they were to have been able to travel so extensively.
Erica explained to Sarah that Scott traveled quite a bit for business early on and before the kids were in school they often made it a family affair. Once they got older it was more difficult unless the trips coincided with semester breaks or summer vacations so they didn’t do it as often.

“I just thought you all might enjoy reliving some of those vacations so I made one for each of you”

 After all the complaining, even Jack said he had enjoyed the trip down memory lane.  Erica started ruminating about how much she and Scott had enjoyed traveling and how much they didn’t do it as much any more.,  Even though they really didn’t have anything hold them back, life seemed to interfere and she, probably more than Scott, felt housebound.  They talked about selling the house and getting something smaller but she had been reluctant to do something so drastic at the time.  As she watched her children with their children she realized memories didn’t revolve around a physical place but in hearts and minds.  While it’s nice to think about memories in a particular place, you take them with you wherever you go.  Tonight I’m telling Scott I’m ready to put the house of the market tomorrow.

When they were snuggled in bed that evening Erica reminded him of their conversation of a couple of months ago.  She told him she was ready to move forward.  Scott, always being the steady level headed wonderful man she married, said it might be a good idea to think about where they wanted to go before they did something so drastic.

“We could be homeless if we do it without another place to land” he said.

“I don’t care.  I feel if we don’t do it now it may never happen.  We could always rent an apartment if the house sold before we found another place” Erica said.

“Erica, think about this.  We have been in this house forever.  Our piles have piles.  We have to clean out and pare down.  People could get lost going through our attic and basement.

“But I want to feel like we have taken the first step”.

“How about this weekend we tackle the basement?  The bottom is a good place to start and we can work our way up.   Speaking of bottoms, I noticed you’re wearing my favorite attire” Scott said with a grin.

“I’m not wearing anything”, Erica replied.

“Exactly” as he  started massaging her tush.   One act led to another and the vocal part of their evening was over.  The dancing had begun.

Three days later Scott got a call from his neighbor.  The first thing Guy said was “Why the hell didn’t you tell me you were selling the house?  One of my clients has always admired your place and I am sure we could have worked out something thus eliminating the commission”

Scott sputtered.  “How the hell did you find out we were selling?”.

“There is a real estate sign out front”.  Guy answered. Silence on the other end.

 “Are you still there”?

Scott replied,  “Yes, I’m sorry.  My secretary was just handing me a message. 
Anyways, it’s something Erica and I talked about.  I guess I didn’t realize the sign would be going up so quickly.” He was hoping he had covered up his surprise at knowing his own house was up for sale.

 “It’s too late now but I will let them know it’s on the market” 

 “Thanks Guy and I’m sorry I didn’t give you a heads up.  Tell Sue I said hello and maybe we could get together for some golf one of these weekends.”

 “That would be great”  Guy replied and hung up

When Scott put down the phone, he told his secretary he was leaving and probably wouldn’t be back the rest of the day. He was surprised she didn’t remark about the steam coming out of his ears. He thought of calling Erica but figured the drive home would help him to calm down.  He didn’t want to confront her while he was angry because he planned on giving her a long hard spanking and didn’t want to be angry when he took her across his lap.

When he pulled around the corner, there was another car in the drive.  He debated whether to go in or just wait until the other car left.  While he was debating another car pulled up and a couple got out.  That made his decision easy.  He was going in and wanted to watch Erica squirm as she tried to get around this.  He knew she had probably already worked out a plan, not that she would lie,  there would be some version of the truth to her story.

He followed the couple to the front door.  They looked at him strangely but he didn’t say a word. When the realtor opened the door and greeted them she recognized the third person.

“Hello, Scott.  As first I thought you were here to see the house” and gave a short hmpff.

“I guess you could say that.  It’s good to see you” and extended his hand. He turned to the couple with his hand extended and introduced himself.  He told Maddy to show them the house and he went off to find Erica.

He figured she would be out in the yard somewhere trying to stay out of the way.  She was bending over the flower bed when he came up behind her and gave her a swat to get her attention.  She stood up and turned around swinging.  When she saw it was him the look on her face went from anger to that deer in headlights stare.  Her arm came down as it began to register that she was probably in trouble.

“What are you doing home so early? She stammered.

“I live here, remember, at least for the present” he replied.  She could hear the controlled anger in his voice.

“I can explain”

“I’m sure you can and I can’t wait to hear what you have to say. You can talk all you want once I’m finished, until then I expect silence.  If it weren’t for those people in the house you would already be getting your tush toasted.  
You’re lucky, this way I have more time to calm down.”

“But Scott”

“No buts but your butt.  We talked about this the other day and agreed to wait until we cleared out some of our stuff and found another place to live before we listed”  he said. He left her standing there and went over and sat down on the patio. 

As soon as the realtor and the couple left, Scott told Erica to meet him in the bedroom.  He made sure the door was locked before heading upstairs.   He didn’t say a word, just sat down on the bed and told Erica to come to him.  She was very nervous now, he was usually lecturing her by this point.  She did as she was told.  When she lowered herself over his lap, he lowered her capris but left her thong in place.  It wasn’t going to hinder what he had in store for that beautiful bum.  He spanked first her left cheek, then her right, then left, then right.  He established a rhythm and with each spank the strength intensified.  By the twentieth spank she was beginning to settle in when he changed the pace.  Now the spanks were coming fast and furious all over her bottom and the tops of her thighs.  She was squirming like a drop of water in a hot skillet.  She began begging him to stop but he continued the spanking.  When he felt she had enough he stopped.  She wanted to jump up and rub her stinging tush but he wouldn’t allow it.

“It’s been a long while since you I’ve given you such a hard spanking” he said.

She didn’t answer.  He slapped her tush and repeated the question.  She nodded her head yes.

“I felt you deserved it.  You went ahead and did exactly what you wanted even though you knew how I felt.  Well now I did exactly what I wanted to do.  Is there anything you would like to tell me?”

“I know you want me to say I’m sorry, but I’m not.  It’s something we were going to do anyway and when I saw Maddy at the store the other day I told her we were going to put the house on the market.  She said it was the perfect time and she had a lot of buyers that were interested in our neighborhood.  I explained we weren’t ready but she said we didn’t have anything to lose so I went ahead and agreed to give her the listing”

“Are you sure you didn’t call Maddy?” he asked.

“No, I didn’t call her” Erica said, she didn’t look directly at him so he knew there was something that she was holding back.  He was sure she didn’t call but there was more to this story but it didn’t matter now.  The house was on the market and that was that.

He let her up and sat her on his lap.  She winced as her bum hit his thighs. 

“You really spanked me hard” she said. “It still hurts”

“You had it coming.  I was really upset when I found out from our neighbor about the house being up for sale.  I felt like an idiot.  By the way, Guy said he had someone that would have been interested in the house and it wouldn’t have cost us a real estate commission”

“Oh” she said quietly.

“It is done now.  I forgive you but I’m not sorry I spanked you.  How do you want to handle this going forward?  Are we going to look for a place to live or are we just going to wait until we are homeless?”

“I had a great idea that I think is the perfect solution”, she told him.

“Are you going to tell me or am I going to have to torture you to get the answer? He said as he tickled her.

“ Stop tickling me.  I’ll tell if you let me. Don’t react right away.  Think about it first”.

“First, I have to know what I am not supposed to react to right away, sweetie.”

“I think we should buy one of those big motor homes and travel around the country” she said.

He didn’t react but he was speechless.  Is that a reaction? One thing he had known from the beginning, with Erica life was never dull.