Wednesday, March 13, 2013

ANSWERS


Seriously, here are the answers to questions posed to me in the Q & A blog I posted on Sunday.

Bas inquired about our RV plans.  We plan on doing this for at least another year.  Doubt that it will be longer than that but you never know.  We haven't found a place yet that we would like to settle for the long run.  We keep searching for a place to call out to us and when it does that's when we will settle in.  I think we will always keep the RV though and use it as long as we are able.

SirQmslb asked what physical attribute I liked most about myself.  I have great hair and my husband has great legs.  The emotional attributes I like most about myself is that I have empathy and my husband is an incurable romantic.  He thinks I'm smart and a softie at heart and I pretty much think the same of him (maybe not quite as soft).

Terps asked about our next journey.  We plan on traveling to Texas later this week. The rest is fluid at the moment.

Ami asked how and if we manage to get away from each other given the closeness of the RV.  Truly, Ami, I am amazed we haven't done each other in but it seems like the closer the quarters the better we seem to get along.  But we do have different interests.  I can get lost in a book or on the computer and tune out the world.  He loves the outdoors and is a putterer and always manages to find something to keep him busy.  Either one of us can always retire to the bedroom if the outdoors isn't available.  Also, we're lucky enough to have friends/family in many of the places we've visited so we can go off w/o each other. 

My question to you is why you keep torturing me with all those great recipes?

Ronnie asked about the first time I met hubby and if I knew he was the one.  A friend of mine was his secretary and that is how I met him.  I didn't like him and vice versa.  I seem to give off the bitch vibe since I've heard this from many men.  One man told me it was probably because I was strong and very independent.  We met again a couple of years later under different circumstances and within three weeks I knew he was the one. Guess he liked "bitches" lol

Cat asked what are the  best and worst things of living in the RV.  I like the flexibility of being able to spend lots of time in places that we usually visited for only a week or two at a time, i.e. our daughter.  The worst, it can be confining sometimes and your storage space is limited.  Everything has to fit and it can be frustrating.

English Rose We currently don't plan on visiting other countries in the RV. There's much here we've yet to see.  We been to lots of islands because we like beaches and sand but we've done that by plane or by ship.

Christine asked about how I got the name Sunny Girl.When I started blogging I had to come up with a name, so Sunny Girl was reborn in human form.  It was actually the name of our little sheltie, she was my first avatar and much sunnier than me.  I always said she was the child that didn't leave home.  So it has nothing to do with me or my personality but thank you for the compliment. (See above answer to Ronnie)

The second question was about career paths.  I worked in for-profit corporations for the first part of my life. It was very interesting in that a lot of it had to do with the entertainment industry and that was a definite eye opener. When I returned to work after our daughter was grown I went to work for non profits.  Now that was an eye opener at the other end of the spectrum. Both had good and bad points but the difference was like night and day.  I've been retired for years now though.

The third question was about what I would do if money, time or consequences weren't involved.  Truth be told Christine I can't think of a thing I have done or would do differently.  I've lead a pretty charmed life and although there may be things I haven't yet done, it doesn't mean I wouldn't in the future. At the moment I can't think of a thing.

Roz asked the favorite place we've visited so far.  That's a hard one because there have been so many beautiful places and not so beautiful places but beautiful people in those places.  I think I would have to say the most beautiful place we stayed was at Lake Dardanelle in Arkansas.  It's a state park and we were parked on a strip of land jutting into the lake so we had a water view on three sides.  It was beautiful and we were there at the perfect time of year - hardly any humidity and no bugs which can be a problem in Arkansas.


Thanks to abby, Minelle and Smiling Belle who also stopped by to let me know they visited and commented on that little paper we used to use as kids which apparently are still around.

Since March is not even half over there may be additional questions so feel free to ask here or send me an email.  See you later for more Aimless Ramblings.






16 comments:

  1. Thanks Sunny...great questions and answers. Have a safe trip to Texas.

    Blessings,
    Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cat, it will be fun to get on the road again.

      Delete
  2. Interesting answers - I learned more about you. Still not sure I could RV with Nick. After he finds himself plenty to do he seems to start looking to find me stuff to do. Drives me nuts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for answering SG. I didn't really like P when I first met him.

    Love,
    Ronnie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What great questions and answers sunnygirl. But bitch vibe? Seriously? I don't believe you :)

    Dee X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, its definitely there, sometimes more visible than others.

      Delete
  5. Hi Sunny, great answers, thanks for sharing these and for answering my question. I enjoyed learning a little more about you.

    Hugs,
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great answers, thanks for sharing them with us! No way I can believe you have bitch qualities... nuh huh. I think of you as "Sunny".

    ReplyDelete
  8. thanks for sharing your answers... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks Sunny, I love learning about people as interesting as you.

    I keep torturing you all with my recipes because that's what Amis do! We lull you into false senses of security, and then one day you wake up and find you've put on three stone! LOL! If I'm going down honey, so are you!!

    Hugs,

    Ami

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I already have the extra three stone, thank you very much.

      Delete
  10. Hi Sunny!
    My question is this: What, to you, are the top five most important aspects of living a loving, long-term relationship that stays happy, sparky and authentic?

    Elisa Xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll try this again, blogger just decdided to take a time out before it published.

      1. Liking each other as well as loving each other
      2. Having similar interests as well as your own interests always give you something to share.
      3. Stay connected and keep lines of communication open.
      4. Enjoy each other's company and laughter is key
      5. Lots of touching (hand holding, swats, hugs, kisses, etc.)

      These are some of the things that I think work for us.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. Make it a Great Day