Sunday, December 2, 2012

The Countdown

Happy December everyone - just 23 more days 'til Christmas.  (Do I hear a collective groan?)






We are in Arizona:

 I miss our daughter, son-in-law and grandkids. 
 I miss the green.
 I miss the ocean.
Pyramid Lake, CA
 I miss instant internet connection.




I don't miss the cold damp mornings.
I don't miss the high cost of  everything.

 





Welcome to Arizona  




I'm grateful for a safe trip (LA freeways at rush  hour are a "rush"
I'm grateful for long-terms friends. 
I'm grateful for cheaper gas prices.
I'm grateful for warmer weather.
I'm grateful for good health, my family and most of all my husband.





I'm also grateful for the 5 gallon paint stirrer and the dance that followed. It was my welcome to Arizona. (a little red to go with the brown)


Tomorrow's story is a follow up to a story posted a couple of weeks ago and some of you wanted to know what happened.  Come back tomorrow and you will get an answer.


See you later for more Aimless Ramblings.

16 comments:

  1. i don't know about collective groan.. but i made a very large noise in my head of the groaning variety when i read that.

    is it really? already? where did the year go?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know but if you find out, get some of it back, okay.

      Delete
  2. A very good welcome to Arizona.
    A bit of red always enhances happiness.
    I am grateful that you all are in good health so that you can tell us about your journeys and your paint stirrers.
    Oh and the stories! Tomorrow is a date!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tomorrow's story should be dedicated to you since you wanted to know what you could expect.

      Delete
  3. You're a lucky woman. Many things to be grateful for and its even wonderful to have kids and grand kid to miss! I'll be back tomorrow for the answer.

    Hugs,
    PK

    ReplyDelete
  4. You aren't kidding about the lack of green! Glad you made it there safely:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tess, No I wasn't kidding. I guess it's pretty if you like brown. I prefer green.

      Delete
  5. I am happy you arrived safe and sound! The welcome sounds perfect and just what the doctor ordered.
    I am very stressed about Christmas, since I haven't even started shopping yet. I have about 20- 25 people I need to buy a present or two for the big day!
    I too am grateful for so many blessings. It is good to remind ourselves about what we have.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you got home safely...and with a nice "warm" welcome to boot!
    hugs abby

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sunny,
    I know what it is like to say goodbye to the kids - no grandchildren, but that would be just another level of painful. On the bright side you and hubby live quite an interesting and full life, zooming around seeing the countryside and enjoying each other ......and the odd household renovation implement.
    Hugs and love,
    lillie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lillie, it is hard to say goodbye but knowing they are only one state away now makes it a little easier. We are lucky to live the life we live and enjoying each other (at least 90% of the time). Today the 10% is in full force. lol

      Delete
  8. Happy you arrived safely Sunny. Since you're happy with the 5 gallon paint stirrer, I'll be happy for you. :) Personally, I would have been happy with just the dance that followed. LOL Not even ready for Christmas - seems to keep coming earlier or maybe it's just that I'm running farther behind.

    Blessings,
    Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cat. Christmas comes a month sooner each year, doesn't it. I love the dance but the prelude makes it soooo much hotter (lol). It's different when you can call a halt.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. Make it a Great Day