Monday, September 12, 2016

Are you kidding me?

Monday again, it comes around way too quickly. Reached another anniversary yesterday, one which is not celebrated, but mourned.  Mourned for the loss of life and mourned for a way of life that has changed forever. Everyone was affected by that fateful day in one way or another.   My heart goes out to those who perished and those who live with the loss of that horrific event.  Let us never forget.  

On a lighter note, here's this weeks story.  

Are you kidding me? That has to be wrong,” Adam told the cashier.

“I’m sorry, sir, but the card was declined. Do you want to call them.”

“Oh, I’ll be calling them, but not now.” He reached for another card from his wallet. “Use this one?”

“I’m sorry, that card is also declined too.”

“That can’t be,” Adam said.  “You must be doing something wrong.” 

The cashier called over her supervisor and explained the situation.

“I’m sorry you’re having difficulty, Sir.  Let’s try this again.

The card was still declined.  “Let me a call and see what I can find out for you.”

The woman called the company and spoke to several people before coming back to him.

“I’m sorry sir, but your credit card has been cancelled.  Apparently, this is a joint card and Eleanor Worth has cancelled this card, as is her right.” 

Adam was livid.  He tried three more cards before switching to his debit card.  He only hoped that Eleanor hadn’t put a hold on that account too.  She hadn’t.  He completed the purchase and left the store, so upset he almost left the package behind.

Eleanor was not home when he arrived.  It was a good thing because his anger was at an all time high.  How dare she embarrass him that way? She better have a damn good reason for cancelling those cards and an even better one for not telling him.
 
Eleanor breezed in about an hour later and was immediately set upon by her husband.

“How dare you close our credit card accounts, especially without telling me?”

“Adam,  you told me to curtail my spending.  So since I couldn’t use credit cards anymore, I saw no reason to keep them open.  I called the company and found out that I was the original owner, you were only an additional signer. I didn’t realize you would be inconvenienced. I assumed you had your own cards to use. Sorry."

 She didn’t look the least bit sorry, and there was a slight smirk on her face when she said sorry.

When they were first married, Eleanor made much more money than he did and her credit had been firmly established.  Adam had just finished school, was deep in debt with student loans and as a matter of ease, she merely added his name to her accounts. This continued until last month.  Mark was on his high horse about the credit card bill and told her to stop using credit cards. He said she was overspending, and she wasn’t to buy anything superfluous.  They had an argument about what he considered unnecessary that ended with her over his knee getting a good hard spanking.  She didn’t see how she deserved this spanking.  After all, she was a responsible woman, had managed their household accounts all these years and saw no reason for his demands.  She told him the bill was unusually high because she had to buy a gift for his secretary and an anniversary gift for their youngest son.  He dismissed her explanation out of hand.  Upset, because she felt her spanking wasn’t justified she thought about how she could get even. 

That was when it dawned on her to get a list of all their accounts and see which ones had been originally hers.  It wasn’t that difficult, and she realized that although she continued to gather credit cards in her name alone, her husband hadn’t done the same.  He still relied on her accounts, so she called the companies and closed the accounts. 

That was two weeks ago. She saw no need to tell him, let him find out for himself.  Today must have been the day.

She went about putting away the groceries as her husband stood there glaring at her.

“You knew I didn’t have any other cards.”

“How would I know that?  I’ve acquired other cards without your name being on the account. I didn't realize you hadn’t done the same."

“You pay the bills.”

“Yes, I do.  But as long as I have receipts and they match the bills, that is all I’m concerned about, not whether it’s your card or mine.”

“Well, Ms. Smarty Pants, I don’t want you using your debit card without my prior permission.  I know we opened those accounts jointly.”

“Fine by me.” She told him and went right over to her purse and handed over the debit cards.

That really took the wind out of his sails and left him looking like the ass he was.  Eleanor didn’t care, she could always write a check for groceries, and if she wanted to buy something, she had her own cards and her own money in a small trust fund left to her by her grandmother.

He wanted to spank that smug attitude right out of her, but thought better of it.  Instead, he smacked her behind a couple of good cracks and left the kitchen and went to order new credit cards of his own.

FAST FORWARD ONE WEEK.

Adam hadn’t received any of his new credit cards yet so he was still using his debit card for everything, including gas.  Unfortunately for him, his card had been hacked the last time he needed gas, and once he reported it was stolen, it was useless. 

There he was, at the ATM trying to get cash only to find out he had been locked out of his account.  He was forced to call his wife to ask for her intervention.

“But honey, I don’t have a debit card.  You asked for it, and I gave it to you, remember.

“It’s on my dresser.”

“But I’m not home.  You’ll have to find another way.”  She had pulled in the driveway, but she wasn’t about to tell him that. With that, she disconnected the call and refused to answer his callback.  She chuckled to herself as she pictured him standing in front of the ATM, steam coming out of his ears. She knew she was acting like a  bitch, but his attitude since he’d made partner was completely unacceptable.  He was overbearing and thinking everyone should bend to his will.   That may be all well and good at the firm, but it was not going to stand at home. Even their children had noticed the change. She had been his partner for thirty years and expected better treatment.

Eleanor knew she’d end up with another spanking, but this one she’d gladly accept but not until she let him have it with both barrels.  He would hear what she had to say whether he liked it or not. 

She was in the bedroom when she heard a car pull in the driveway.  She peeked out the window and wasn’t surprised to see Adam storming into the house.  He must have taken the stairs two at a time because he was in front of her and pulling her over his knee in record time.  He reached under his side of the bed to access his arsenal and came up with the acrylic wand.  It had been in that bag a long time, purchased back when they had to be silent because of little ears.  She should have destroyed it years ago, but now it was being used to bring her to justice.  It was definitely an implement of ‘ass destruction,’ and she knew, she wouldn’t be sitting comfortably anytime soon.

He smacked her butt with reckless abandon, not giving her time to catch her breath much less speak her piece, which was probably a good thing for her bottom. Each time she tried to get away, he would bring her in closer and continue the assault.  Her butt was numb by the time he stopped, his anger and her guilt assuaged.

He let her up and took her in his arms.  “Can we stop this shit now?” he asked.

“You started it, Mr. Big Shot Partner.”

“You do know that thing is still right here next to me, don’t you?”

“Yes, and if you want to keep all your parts, you won’t be using it again, anytime soon.”

He laughed, she smiled.


THE END


See you later for more Aimless Ramblings.

15 comments:

  1. Great story Sunny, she had everything coming to her plus more. What a terrible situation to be in at the supermarket. Felt sorry for her husband.
    I agree Monday comes around way too soon, the weekends need to be longer. Enjoy your week.
    Hugs Lindy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like the story - I didn't feel sorry or Adam. I feel like he had it coming. lol

      You know, now that I'm retired one day is much like the next but I have this story to get out Monday, so the pressure is on. lol

      Delete
  2. Hi Sunny, joining you in remembering.

    Thank you for bringing us another wonderful story to start our week, I really enjoyed this. I agree, she deserved that and more! Great fiery couple, they are as feisty as each other lol.

    BTW, having trouble commenting on your other blog, keeps wanting me to add a Google account?

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Roz. I love their relationship - I bet it's been a challenge all the way through and I don't see it stopping anytime soon.

      Thanks for the heads up about the other blog - I think it's fixed now, at least I hope so until I push another button I should have avoided.

      Delete
  3. Interesting story - I'm not sure who's side I'm on in this one. I kinda like that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you're stumped. I don't like trite and sometimes it's hard when you know you've got to get a spanking in there somewhere.

      Delete
  4. WOW what a fire works couple! I don't think either one is ready to change...and that might be a good t hing.
    hugs abby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think they're going to change either - I think they're perfect for each other.

      Delete
  5. I always want more! I love older couples!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, more is good. I like older couples too - we're usually more secure in our relationships.

      Delete
    2. And every fight doesn't end the relationship. Also it may not always matter who's perfectly right! Lots of gray areas! :)

      Delete
  6. Hey Sunny...joining you in remembering.

    Thanks for another great story...do believe she deserved that spanking plus!

    I am also having trouble commenting on your other blog...I'm logged in to my Google account and can see my name at the top of the page but as soon as I click in the comments field, I get a popup and it wants me to create a Google+ account which I refuse to do.

    Hugs and blessings...Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know about you, but I'm a get even girl when it comes to Ray. Sad but true. I think you learn better that way. lol

      Thanks for the heads up on the other blog. I must have changed something once and since I never quite know what I'm doing, clicked the wrong button. I think it's fixed now.

      Delete
  7. Enjoyed this story Sunny. I didn't feel at all sorry for him, I thought they were very well matched.
    Rosie xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe you're right Rosie, it's what I call a match made in heaven. lol

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. Make it a Great Day