Monday, February 8, 2016

Promises Made and Broken

Well, the super bowl is over and  BRONCOS WIN, BRONCOS WIN
                           SUPER BOWL 50 CHAMPS                                                           
Needless to say, there was a lot of cheering going on in our house last night, with texts coming in from all over. I actually wrote this story on Thursday or Friday, ahead of the game because I knew I'd be too busy thinking about the game. 

I wonder if this will be happening in homes all across the USA next Sunday!!!!


PROMISES MADE AND BROKEN

“So, what are we going to do this Sunday?”

“What do you mean?”

“Don’t you remember back in August you promised me that if I didn’t hassle you about the football games during the season, we could reserve Sunday and you would do some of the things I like to do after the season.  Well, last Sunday was the Super Bowl, so the season is over.”

“Oh, yeah.”

“You don’t sound very convincing.”

“Well, I lost the bet and have to play golf with the guys on Sunday.”

“Okay, I guess I can wait one more Sunday.”

He scratched his head and looked a little hesitant.  Looking at him she knew there was more to come.

“You see, the bet involved all the guys and I’m committed to playing golf the every Sunday until the end of April.”

“How could you do that to me?  That’s not fair. You promised and I held up my end of the bargain.”

“Honey, be reasonable.”

“I think I’ve been very reasonable.  I’ve waited six months to spend a Sunday with my husband and then you tell me you’re not available until April.  The hell with you.  I’ll find someone else to spend my Sunday’s with.”

“Yeah, maybe the guys wives will want to do something?”

“The hell with that.  I’ll choose what to do and who to do it with.  You go enjoy yourself with your ‘guys,' and I’ll do the same.”

The first couple of Sundays she spent going to the local art shows.  It was something she liked to do and Jack hated it after the first few exhibits.  At one of the kiosks, she picked up a card advertising art classes and talked to the artist about the classes.  He said the teacher was excellent and he felt she would enjoy the class.  They talked and he flirted with her until another group of people had some questions about the paintings he had for sale. She was flattered by his attention even if he was years younger and only playing to her ego.  It was still nice that someone noticed.  Lord knows it had been a while since Jack had taken the time to see she had a new hairdo and had lost a few pounds.

She called about the art classes and signed up.  The classes were on Wednesday night at the local community college.  She rarely went out at night, so when the first Wednesday came and she quickly cleaned up after dinner and grabbed her purse to leave, Jack was surprised.

“Where are you going?  Want company?”

“As a matter of fact, I don’t want company.  I’ve signed up for art classes at the college. Since this is the first night, the class might go late, so I’ll catch up with you in the morning.”  She sailed out the door leaving Jack with his mouth agape.

She was surprised to find the instructor was none other than the artist she had spoken to at the exhibit.  He acknowledged and talked to her after class.

“I’m glad to see you here.  I think you’ll like the class.  If you have any questions or need help to purchase any of the suggested supply items, give me a call.  I’ll be happy to help.”

Flattered and flustered, she found herself twirling the wedding ring around on her finger. Subconsciously, she was sending him a signal that she was married.  He didn’t seem to notice. She thanked him and said she’d see him the following week.

She found she really enjoyed the classes and some of the other students.  One week they decided to go out for a drink after class and it was well after midnight when she got home.  Surprised to find Jack awake and waiting for her.

“I’m sure that class doesn’t go til midnight?  Where have you been?”

“After class, a couple of us decided to go to Barney’s for a drink.  It was fun, I haven't done that in a long time.”

“Who all went?”

Up until this time, he hadn’t asked her any questions about the class, the other students or the instructor.  When she started naming names, she saw his facial reaction when it registered that it was a mixed group.

“So this class has both men and women.”

“Un huh.”  She started to get ready for bed.

“I don’t think I like you out so late with people I don’t know.”  She ignored him and continued with her bedtime routine.

“Did you hear me?”

“Yes, I did.”  She merely turned off the light, kissed him goodnight, pulled the covers up and rolled over.  She didn’t want him to see the smile on her face.

The following Saturday the class was going to the city to attend a showing of a well-known artist.  Danita had reminded Jack earlier in the week, but like most of the things she told him, it went by the wayside.  When Saturday came and he saw her getting all dressed up, he asked what she was doing.

“It’s the art exhibit in the city.  Remember I told you about it.”

“You did.”

“Yes, I did.  The whole class is attending the exhibit and then having dinner in the city afterward.”

“I don’t remember you telling me that.”

“I’m not surprised.  You rarely listen to what I’m saying.”

“Can I come along?”

“No, dear.  We already have tickets and they’re sold out.”

“I don’t think you should go.”

“I not only think I should, I am.”

“I’ve never done this before but I forbid you to go.”

“Dream on, Jack. At this stage of our life, it’s a little late to go all macho.  You do what you want whenever without any consideration for me or what I think.  You can’t have it both ways.”

“I’m telling you, I don’t want you to go.”

“This conversation is becoming redundant.  I’m going, now live with it.”

“If you disobey me, there will be consequences.”

This whole scene was so far removed from any other in their entire marriage, she couldn’t believe it was happening.  She wondered what could have brought it on.  She further wondered just what the consequences would be.  “Oh well, she thought to herself, “I guess I’ll find out because I’m going.”  She heard a horn tooting and knew her ride was here.  He followed her to the door and caught a glimpse of the driver, who just happened to be the instructor and another male student sat in the passenger side.  She quickly got into the car and closed the door.  Jack was still standing there fuming when she looked back as the car pulled away.

Seconds later she heard the ping of a text message.  She decided to ignore it, after all, she was entitled to her day, she wasn’t doing anything wrong.  They picked up another classmate and met the others outside of the exhibit.  The show was fantastic and she spent hours studying the different painting.  The highlight was getting to meet the artist and listen to him explaining the use of the various mediums used in creating some of his work. 

Since photographs were prohibited, she had no reason to look at her phone until they were leaving.  When she did, there were six messages from Jack.  Each one was a little more forceful than the one before.  She actually found herself getting sexually aroused by his dominant language.  The last one told her that she was going to be very sorry.  A shiver went through her body at the thought of what could make her so sorry.  Could it be he might actually spank her?  It was something she had asked him to do when they were first together and he was absolutely, positively firmly against laying a hand on a woman. So she lived vicariously through the novels she read. She even pointed out an article or two to him but much to her dismay, he never even so much as patted her bottom.  “Nah, that couldn’t be it.  Better not to get her hopes up only to be dashed when it didn’t happen.”

She put her phone back in her purse and was walking out the door with the group when she spotted someone who looked like Jack standing down at the bottom of the stairs. She continued down the stairs and when she realized it was Jack, she excused herself from the group.

“What are you doing here?”

“Is your phone not working?”

“It’s working, why?”

“I expected the courtesy of an answer to at least one of my messages.”

“Honey, I had it off inside and just now turned it back on.”

“So you’ve read my last message.”

“Yes.”

 Her friends were standing at the bottom, waiting for her and called out.

“We have reservations at the Capital Grille.  Would you like to join us for dinner?” She asked Jack.



“That depends on whether you want your friends to know how much trouble you’re in.”

“Oh Jack, Put a lid on it.  This is between you and me, don’t involve them.”

“You’re right, a few more hours won’t matter.  But you’re riding with me.” She loved that he seem jealous – it was a new development.

They walked over to her friends and she introduced Jack.  She said he would be joining them for dinner if they didn’t mind and she’d ride to the restaurant with him.

“The more, the merrier,” one of them responded.   They turned to walk to the parking lot, but Jack held back.  When the group was far enough ahead, he swatted her backside several times.  She couldn’t believe it – it was a first and she got excited but played the game.

“What was that for?” she asked all innocent.

“I should think you know. I know I said I would never do that, but you really pissed me off.  You totally disrespected me today and you deserve those and more. I picked up one of those books you are always reading and the heroine got spanked for a lot less than you did to me today.”

“Oh, Jack, that’s only a book.”

“That may be, but when we get home, you’re going to be just like Jessica Monroe, the heroine in your book. You’re going to disrobe and then go stand in the corner with your ass on full display and think about your behavior today.  Then, when I’m ready, I’m going to call you over to lay across my knee and I’m going to blister your bottom with that hairbrush that sits on your dresser. After that, you’ll go stand back in the corner so I can enjoy watching you shift from foot to foot because you’ll be wanting to rub your stinging red ass but your hands will be resting against the wall.  Any movement will result in another round with the hairbrush.”

“You can’t really think I’m going to allow you to do that.”

“Oh yes.  You’ve asked for it and now you’re going to get just what you want.”

She was beside herself with excitement and tried to keep the tremors she felt out of her voice.  It was going to be the longest dinner of her life. She actually thought about asking him to skip the dinner because he might change his mind.  But no, just in case this was the only time it might ever happen, she wanted to enjoy the excitement and anticipation as long as possible.  She only hoped the actual punishment would live up to her expectations.

Jack was the perfect gentlemen all through the dinner she didn’t think would ever end.  Her friends all commented that he was welcome to join them anytime.  It wasn’t until they stood outside saying their goodbyes, that he had his revenge.  In a voice loud enough for all to hear, he said:


“Are you ready to go home and get your spanking?”  He took his wife by the arm and walked to the parking lot.


See you later for more Aimless Ramblings.

19 comments:

  1. Hi Sunny, great story, mind you I am with her, I hope he gives up the golf. Btw I guess it is PK who gets the spanking?
    love Jan, xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, she does. I don't know how I missed responding to this comment. Forgive me or blame blogger, because it certainly was a snub.

      Delete
  2. SG,

    Another good one. Really do enjoy your stories. Thank you. Looks like it will be PK with the sore bottom.

    Love,
    Ronnie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I'm the one getting spanked - but I think Ray should spank your butt for gambling. This is an excellent story. She didn't brat at all, just stood up for herself but she still got what she wanted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You both should get it for incitement! xx

      Delete
    2. Don't be a spoil sport. Get those big girl panties down and take your medicine. lol

      Glad you enjoyed the story.

      Delete
  4. So excited for your Broncos, Sunny! I am sure PK will be a good sport.

    Good Monday Ramblings! Enjoyed the story. Hoping there will be more of this one soon.

    Ella

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all of your stories....and this one is no exception....
    hugs abby

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this one. This could have actually been my Scotsman (minus the corner) Especially his shout out at the end, informing all about her impending spanking lol!
    I had him read it too! He enjoyed!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fun story Sunny! Can't wait to see if he actually follows through. ;)

    Hugs and blessings...Cat

    ReplyDelete
  8. Replies
    1. Thanks for letting me know you enjoyed. I love getting feedback.

      Delete
  9. Hi Sunny,

    A bit late to this post, but very much enjoyed it.
    Loved his final comment at the end, loud enough for all to hear ;) Well done.

    Best,
    Enzo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. From one writer to another thanks for reading and better yet thanks for the feedback.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. Make it a Great Day