Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Ella's meme


Thank you Ella for this meme.  


1.  You have to leave your house because of a disaster.  All the people and pets you love are safe.  If you could choose just one item to carry out, what would it be?
              My phone and flash drive.(Okay so there's two, but they're small)


2.  Tell us about a book or series of books you loved as a child.  
                                        
                 Nancy Drew Mysteries.

  3.  Name one item of clothing that you love for your spouse to wear. 
                
                Can't think of one particular item.

                       
4.  Is there a lullaby your mom or dad sang to you that you also sang to your child?
              Don't remember being sung to and as for me I mouth the words to a song on the radio and I'm still told to be quiet.  Does that answer the question?
                   
  
5.  Tell about the fanciest restaurant at which you have ever dined.
             
              There are two I can think of, one was in Orange, CA called Chez Cary. They brought a footstool for the ladies and each table had their own waiter throughout the dinner.  The other was The Sultan's Table in The Dunes Hotel in Las Vegas. It was upscale and the thing I remember most is that Cary Grant was sitting in the booth next to ours.  ( I know some of you don't even know Cary Grant)               
                             
  
6.  Tell us about any phobias you have. What else are you scared of?
         I don't like heights. I'm scared of dying, not death, dying.



7.  Is there something old from a family member that you treasure?
            
  I'm not really attached to materials things and most of what I've received from old family members, I've already passed on to the next generation.
              



8.  If there is reading material in your bathroom, what magazines or books could be found?

                  Zip, Zilch, Nada

9.  Tell us about your dearest childhood friend. 

               Her name was Jackie and she lived across from us.  We were always together, then we moved when I was 10 and I only saw her a couple of times after that.

                
10.  Is there a household task that belongs to your husband?

                 Windows and vacuuming.

11.  Have you ever smoked pot?  How old were you the first time?  Do you still enjoy?
                   Yes, I think I was about 24.  I no longer inhale but have been known to indulge in brownies, etc.
                       

12.  If it is cold, what do you wear to bed?  
                                Socks
                 
                 
13.  How old were you when you lost your virginity?  Share any story with which you are comfortable.

                        22.  When I knew it was inevitable I first made sure I was on the pill. I was a careful girl.  No, it was not Ray.

14.  Think of something you did as a kid about which you were glad your parents never found out.  If you were a perfect child, you may just respond with "Perfect", but the rest of us will hate you for it.

  The list is long. Three stand out, we used to play on train tracks which were quite far from where we lived and we would play chicken with the trains.  Another, there was a house being built close by and we would thwart the construction workers and play and undo things when they left for the day. Another is we lived not far from Doris Dukes estate and we would climb the fence and try to catch a peek of her.

                     

15.  Boob Question - 
Think Goldilocks and the 3 Bears.  
Do you think your boobs are: 
a.)  Too big
b.)  Too small
c.)  Just right

d.)  "All of the above" is not a valid answer.



Wow, my brain hurts from racking it to come up with some of these.  It was a long long time ago in a land far far away.

See you later for more Aimless Ramblings.

18 comments:

  1. I love taking a walk down memory lane with you....were quite a dare devil!
    hugs abby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know how kids are - I dare you, I double dare you. It's amazing those of us of a certain age, survived our childhoodl

      Delete
  2. Blimey Sunny, I don't think we would have ran in the same circles, I would have been to scared to do half the things you did!! On the train tracks!! Smoking pot!! Mind you I would have loved to have been in that restaurant with Cary Grant, you have lived a much more exciting life than me , that's for sure,
    love Jan,xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jan, see the above comment to abby. I would have double dared you. lol

      Delete
  3. Loved your answers Sunny. You have been very adventurous in your life.
    Hugs Lindy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have led a charmed life. I guess it would probably seem adventurous - to me it just was.

      Delete
  4. I do remember Cary Grant and I know he was a spanker. Very interesting. I bet your list was long - I enjoyed hearing some of those stories! I'm ready to hear more!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your answers, Sunny! Ooh and happy to hear there is another not so perfect child here...was beginning to get a bit paranoid...your childhood sounds more like mine! Oh yes, I do know who Cary Grant is..."Walk Don't Run", "Father Goose" "Houseboat", "Arsenic and Old Lace", "Operation Petticoat" and "Bringing up Baby" are some of my favorite movies. Thanks for sharing!

    Hugs and blessings...Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was happy to hear I was not the only one too. Structured play dates weren't even heard of unless there was a birthday party or something like that. It was go outside, gets some fresh air - come home when the lights come on. It was a different world.

      Delete
  6. Uh oh, sounds like you were trouble! Enjoyed reading your answers Sunny.

    Rosie xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Excellent job on these, Sunny! Envious of you seeing Cary Grant, but I liked your "Not Perfect" answers best. I do remember putting pennies on the railroad tracks. And we loved to play on the new home construction sites, especially when they poured the foundation. I loved the smell of the wood as the house went up.

    Ella

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He was as beautiful looking in person as on the screen.

      I'm so glad to hear your stories too. It's nice to know others did stupid things too. I wouldn't change a thing though, would you?

      Delete
  8. Playing on train tracks, naughty girl. Interesting restaurants. Enjoyed reading your answers SG.

    Love,
    Ronnie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wouldn't change a thing, except maybe getting older. I wish now it had taken a little longer.

      Delete
  9. great answers and fun to learn more about you. :-) lived on the dangerous side :-) Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love these Sunny! Cary Grant?? Lucky lady!
    I want to read about the spanking stuff! I wish it wasn't negatively portrayed and perceived!
    I kinda did the same thing with the trains. I'm such a mixture of scared and daring.....

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Make it a Great Day