Friday, November 27, 2015

Yahoo!!!

Today when I was coming down the street from my morning walk I looked up and saw three hot air balloons rising in the sky.  Their beautiful colors standing out against the first pink tinges of the rising sun made me think about how beautiful it must be to float up there.  I've never done it and I probably never will because I'm too chicken.  Ray has done it; it was a present from me years ago, and I was too chicken to go then too. He loved it.  So I must be content to live vicariously and wonder.

The drought is over.  Not in a big way, but a fun way.  This new house must have a short somewhere in the electrical wiring - must have that checked out.  It's funny, but when we were in the RV we had to be careful not to turn on too many electrical devices at once or the breaker would blow. Thought those days were gone.  Here, the microwave causes a surge I guess because the lights will dim and flicker until it shuts off.  Last night, I was heating soup and Ray was watching TV and the lights were doing their ghostly thing and it was driving Ray crazy.  I was standing next to him waiting for the microwave to beep when he suddenly pulled me over and took out his frustration on my bottom.  He spanked away and I can't believe how much his hand hurt.  He let me up and then gave me a couple more as I walked away.

I don't know what's gotten into him, but I hope it doesn't stop.  This afternoon, we came back from shopping and the next thing I know he stops me and wallops my backside several times.  For good measure, he said.  Is he reading my books?

Speaking of books, if you're ready for the Christmas Spirit now that Thanksgiving is over, be sure to order  your copy of Rocky Mountain Christmas.  I think you will enjoy.

See you later for more Aimless Ramblings.


15 comments:

  1. Hot air balloons do look lovely but I'm with you Sunny and too chicken to go in one.
    Glad the drought has broken in your house. Sounds like fun times. I've bought the new book but keeping it a little bit longer to enjoy during the Christmas period.
    Hugs Lindy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ray read it today and said he enjoyed it - of course, he may be prejudiced.

      Delete
  2. Please get that electrical checked out asap, Sunny. Ooh will definitely keep my fingers, toes, legs and eyes crossed that Ray doesn't stop anytime soon. ;) Happy you're enjoying your new home.

    Hugs and blessings...Cat

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah do get the electricity checked out - and ones it's fixed you can just flip the lights and such to annoy him. Glad he's remembering what his hand is for. I know you can annoy the man if you work on it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Atta boy, Ray! So happy for you, Sunny. The new house has officially been christened with a spanking. Now it is not just a house; it's a home!

    Ella

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I am so happy to hear. :-) It gives me hope. :-) I would love to go on a balloon ride someday...I am sure it is magical...but yes, I am sure it might bring out some fear in me as well. :-) Hugs and hope there will be more "electricity" in you new home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had to chuckle Terps. I know we both experience the wait and see. More 'electricity" happened today. I can't believe it.

      Delete
  6. Oh Hooray, who cares about the electric when there is spanking going on!! Stuff it I say and go Ray!
    It must be living in that new house
    love Jan,xx
    P.S. Got the book, fab!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you liked the book Jan.
      Must be the house, it happened again today.

      Delete
  7. Hi Sunny, I like that Ray is so energetic when it comes to you. :) Hope you get the electricity thingy fixed soon. The book is on my kindle, can't wait to read it.

    hugs

    Nina

    ReplyDelete
  8. I say if it's not dangerous.... Leave the electric as is! Could be a ghost whispering to Ray!!
    Yay to the Christmas reading!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Make it a Great Day