Monday, May 21, 2018

The Project

Happy Monday, again already.  Come on, someone has to be stealing some days.  It was a week filled with the usual stuff but some unusual stuff too.  My tried and true computer needed some help so I've been trying to get used to using a small one I bought for use in traveling.  It does everything but seems to be slower and I can't find everything.  Thank goodness, my baby is done and can be picked up tomorrow.  Seems the fan just plain wore out and was singing very loudly its despair.

Another awful school shooting took place here in the good ole USA.  Our politicians are blaming it on everything except the fact that guns are too readily available.  One moronic official in the state where it actually occurred suggested we could stop the shootings if there were fewer exits and entrances to the building.  Our tax dollar at work.

The bright spot of the week came with Harry and Megan's wedding.  Many here stateside got up to watch.  Some friends who shall remain nameless but live in the westernmost USA time zone got up and watched from 2:00 am on.  Me, I tuned in at 5:30 and managed to see some of it.  It sure was beautiful.  The love between the two just shines, doesn't it?  I wish them a lifetime of happiness.

After the wedding, a bunch of my water aerobic buddies got together to see a movie.  We went to see Book Club - it was a hoot.  Catch it if you can, you won't be sorry.  

Enough.  I still didn't have a story this morning and it being Sunday, I had to get to work.  This is what happens when you procrastinate too long.  You write drivel but it's free so I don't feel too bad.



Megan was trying to concentrate, her project was due tomorrow and it was nowhere near done.  She’d had plenty of time, five whole days but those days seemed to melt into each other until now it was the last day and she wasn’t finished. 

She woke early, finished all her usual chores and settled down to work.  Unfortunately, Harry (notice the names) her husband, was one of those guys who couldn’t keep still.  No matter where Megan went or how hard she tried to concentrate on the project, Harry kept coming in and out of the room breaking her train of thought. 

“When and where are you finally going to settle down?  Yesterday you said you had a few chores but then you were just going to relax.  You keep saying you’re finished but still moving around.”

“Am I bothering you?”

“As a matter of fact you are.  Today I can’t seem to block you out.”

“Where do you want me to go?”   Asking a leading question like that when Meagan was in this frame of mind was not a good idea.  She had to bite her tongue before she replied.

“I don’t care where you light, just please light.”

“Okay, but even if I do light, it doesn’t mean I won’t be back in five minutes.”

“Yes, I know but I need the space and quiet so can you please try.”

He huffed and puffed and the next thing she heard was the television in the next room.  Apparently, there wasn’t anything worth watching because blessed quiet settled in and she figured he took up his book. ‘Good, maybe now I can get some work done,’ she said to herself. 

She didn’t know how long she had.  He usually could only read a couple of chapters before his eyes would get heavy and if he didn’t get up and move around he’d nap.  Good for her, not good form him, because napping during the daytime interfered with his night’s sleep.  He had never been a good sleeper and now that he was older those trips to the bathroom cut into his sleep time even more.

Megan was able to get some work done before her mind started to wander.  She wanted a snack but was afraid if she got up and starting rustling around in the kitchen, soon Harry would be out asking what she was doing or worse yet complaining that he had given her space and quiet she needed but instead of working, she was looking for snacks.  The more she thought about the snack, the more she wanted one. She had cut up some watermelon in the morning and put it in the fridge.  If she was very careful she could get to it without making a sound – mission accomplished.  She settled down again when her cell phone went off.  Did she dare answer it? She did, luckily it was only a friend asking where she had found a particular item in the grocery store. Twenty seconds and the call was done. 

Back to work. 

Megan was almost in the home stretch when Harry came out to her workspace.  ‘In and out’ he said, ‘ don’t let me interrupt’  He grabbed a coke from the fridge and some snack back from the pantry and he was gone. True to his word, he was in and out.  The problem was, her thoughts had been interrupted and she couldn’t get back to work.  She sat there daydreaming, thinking about everything but the task before her.  ‘Maybe if I step away from it for a bit, it would help,’ she said to herself so she switched over her computer to Words with Friends.  There were always a couple of games going and she was sure it would be her turn on one of them.  

Unfortunately, only one person had played, so she was back to work.  Mind still wandering he got up and went to check on the sun tea, then watch to see if the baby bird came out of the nest in the back cactus, then, then, and then.

She was still sitting there staring at the very same computer page when Harry returned. 

“You’re back again,” she said to him.

“Yes, I am and you have been up rattling around so I figured I wouldn’t be bothering you if I came out to get another snack.”

“Well, you are bothering me.  I can’t concentrate with all the distractions.”

“You had all week to work on this project while I wasn’t around.  I’m sorry if you left everything to the last.  You do this every time.”

Megan could tell he was irritated by the tone of his voice yet she continued to harp on his interruptions. 

“I’m gonna fix this right now.”

He slid back her chair from the desk, pulled her up and sat down instead, taking her with him. 

Conveniently for him, she was wearing a dress which he hiked up, wedged her panties between her ass cheeks and lit into her behind.  Smack after smack resounded in the room as Megan’s backside took on a fiery glow. 

When he finished spanking her he stood up, straightened her dress and sat her back down in the chair with the command.  “SIT, and I don’t want to hear a peep out of you until the project is over.  Have I made myself clear?” he asked leaving the room and going back to whatever he was doing.

“Yes,’ she meekly replied. Her bottom was on fire but her fingers flew over the keyboard.  She hoped she hadn’t let him see her smiling.  ‘Now if I could only get him to do that more often, just imagine how much more productive I would be.’  


...if only maybe if this happened I would be writing more than I am.  Until then, see you later for more Aimless Ramblings.

22 comments:

  1. For not having a story, you sure knocked out a good start to one! Another school shooting. Heartbreaking. I have no words.
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sunny, well done on that story, maybe you better read it to Ray!The wedding was lovely, I enjoyed watching every minute.
    love Jan, xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sunny, I agree with the others, this was great, I enjoyed reading this :) I was glued to the royal wedding too. So lovely :)

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The story was literally last minute so I'm glad it was enjoyed.

      Delete
  4. You and me both! What a great incentive! For many, many things!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A great Aimless Rambling tribute to Harry and Meghan! Thanks, Sunny girl!

    Hugs From Ella

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Obviously they were on my mind Sunday afternoon.

      Delete
  6. Really enjoyed this story, Sunny, definitely not drivel!
    Hard to believe the drivel that has been coming out of the mouths of some politicians following the latest school shooting.
    Rosie xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rosie you are too sweet.

      I am so disgusted with our politicians but I try to keep that away from here.

      Delete
  7. This was a cute little story. I could probably use some motivation right now to get some work done. I was rewatching the wedding instead of cleaning the kitchen. It was such a beautiful ceremony. I loved the wedding and I was up at one am to watch it. The school shootings are getting out of hand. It's hard to send my boys to school especially when there are bomb threats every time there is a shooting. It's a sad time. Thanks for a good Monday story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THe wedding was beautiful and it took my mind off of real life for a while. I think of my kids (educators) and my grands every day going off to school.

      Delete
  8. All it takes is the proper incentive! You never post drivel..I agree such sadness about the school shootings..yet not a word about gun control.....the wedding was lovely..a needed respite! hugs abby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh abby, I think our definition of drivel is different, but it is what it is.

      Delete
  9. SG, a lovely story, thanks. It was heartbreaking to hear about another shooting.
    Wedding was wonderful, she looked fabulous.
    I remember blogging about the book club film, will have to try and catch it when it comes to the UK.

    Love,
    Ronnie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should catch Book Club, it is a cute movie and we can so relate. It's nice to see all those wrinkles just where we have them.

      Delete
  10. Hi Sunny, It is so sad about the school shooting, when will they learn. Loved watching the wedding, it was the best ever. MMM fancy playing words with friends instead of working. I think you need to let Ray reads this story, give him the hint. Loved it, well done.
    Hugs Lindy xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually, you were one of the ones I went to for the WWF break.

      Delete
  11. Hi Sunny, :) You did a great job with the story, and I do believe that it is far, far better than drivel!! I always love reading what you write! Fun story. I am guessing that Megan will do her best to get Harry's attention again soon, after that spanking!

    Very sad about yet another school shooting. There must be change! Too many young lives...

    Oh how I LOVE LOVE LOVED the wedding!!! I was up at 3am watching with our youngest. Rob appeared just in time for the vows. What a simple and elegant dress that Meghan wore! All of it was beautiful!

    That movie looks awesome! I definitely want to see it! So glad to hear that you enjoyed it! Many hugs,

    ❤️Katie xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Make it a Great Day