Monday, April 9, 2018

First Date Part Two.


Here we are again, another Monday.  Last week didn't turn out at all as I expected, but was able to rearrange some things without having to arrange everything.  Ray and I mapped out our planned summer vacation - that was fun.  Now I'm thinking of throwing him a birthday party but it hinges on whether or not our daughter can make the trip. Everything seems to be happening at once.

Friday, I had an outing with my girlies here in AZ.  We took the light rail downtown with full intentions to lunch at the Spaghetti Factory and then do a little shopping before heading home.  I figured to be home around four and Ray told me it would be more like 6. He was right - Lord I hate that.  Anyway, we never did make it to the Spaghetti Factory that will be for another trip.  We laughed so much my jaws hurt afterward.  Such fun.

This story, First Date, turns out to be longer than I planned.  Thought sure I would finish it up this week but it just won't end.  What can I say?  Here's part two.

First Date

Charlie watched as Diane tried to get a car or taxi to take her back to town.  He watched her kerfuffle and when he saw her deflate he stepped back in.

“ Diane,  do you really think I, as a southern gentleman would allow you go home alone?”

“Would allow me, who are you?” And there she was all indignant again.  He loved watching her moods as they shifted from anger to complacent and back to anger.  He definitely knew what buttons to push and if she allowed him to see her again he knew just how to get to her. Oh yes, she was ripe for a spanking, he said to himself and he would enjoy watching her squirm while over his knee.

“Now calm down Diane, I’m just saying that even if you were able to get someone out here I would follow you home to make sure you got there safely.  It is the gentlemanly thing to do.”

“Oh,” she said;  “then is spanking a gentlemanly thing to do?”

“There is many a Southern gentleman that takes the well being of his lady to heart and many a southern lady that enjoys a trip over her gentleman’s knee.’

“I’m not a southern lady,”

“I know that but it doesn’t mean you might not benefit from or even enjoy the trip.”  He chuckled.  Diane had all she could do to not stomp her feet.  He definitely knew how to keep her dander up.

“So, Miss Diane, are you ready now to accept that you won’t be able to get another way home and allow me to take you to your door.” She hated that she had to give him but she’d not heard back from either Lyft or Uber and taxies didn’t come out that far for a one-way fare so she was stuck.  She shook her head indicating yes.

“I’m sorry, did you speak.  I didn’t hear you.”   Diane bit her tongue.  “Yes, Charlie, I would love to have you take me home.”

“I thought so.”  At the car, he opened her door and waited until she was safely inside before he moved to his side of the car.  He was having difficulty hiding the smile that threatened to burst into out and out mirth.  She was so indignant – he was convinced that if a strong breeze came up it would snap her in half – that’s how brittle she looked.

Silence ensued on the way back to town and at her door, she tried to get out of the car before he even turned off the ignition.  “Let me out”, she huffed. 

“I will just wait until the car is off and I can unlock the doors.”  Charlie purposely didn’t release the child safety lock keeping her inside until he was around to her side of the door. He clicked the button and opened her door.  He tried helping her out and she jerked herself out of his grasp and practically ran down the walkway.

“Thank you for a wonderful evening,” he called out to her.  He couldn’t hear what she said but just the tone of her voice and the stiffness of her body told him it wasn’t the same sentiment.  He chuckled to himself and wondered how long he should wait before calling her again. There wasn’t any doubt that he would see her again.

At seven o’clock the next morning her phone rang.  It was Gwen on the other end wanting to know all the details of the previous night’s date.  “Let me call you back, I have to have coffee first.”

“That good, huh?”

“I’ll call you back.”  Diane brewed a pot of coffee and hit the shower before calling Gwen.  She was pouring a cup of coffee when Gwen called again.  “I can’t wait, details, I want details.”

“I found out why Charlie Gentry is still available?”

“Do tell.”

“He spanks women.”

“What?  Did he spank you?”

“No, but he threatened.”

“Oh….” she sounded disappointed.  Diane then gave her details of the previous evening.  “Can you believe that?” she asked Gwen when she was finished her story.

“I guess then you won’t be seeing him again.”

“Are you crazy, of course, I never plan on seeing him again?”

“You know Diane, things are a bit different down here.  Maybe he’s right.  Remember, in Gone with the Wind Rhett threatened to take a buggy whip to Scarlett.”

“Gwen, that’s a novel and it was more than a hundred years ago.”

“I’m just saying and I’ve read many books where men either spank or threaten to spank women and I’m not just talking about FSOG.  I think it’s sexy and with someone as good looking as Charlie Gentry it seems even sexier.”

“Yeah, well then maybe you should suggest that to your darling husband.”  Gwen laughed.  “You know I never thought of that, it might be fun.”

“Well, you let me know how it works out for you.” Diane said.   They spoke of other things and then hung up.

Diane had almost forgotten about Charlie Gentry when their paths crossed again.  Diane was on a work assignment and had to interface with a member of the county’s engineering department.  When she was taken to the County Engineer’s office she blanched when Charlie Gentry got up from the desk to greet her. 

“Hello, Ms. Randolph.”  He extended his hand and waved her to a seat.

When Diane recovered her shock, she wasn’t sure how to act.  Since he referred to her as Ms. Randolph instead of Diane, she decided on the professional tactic.  “Hello, Mr. Gentry. I had no idea I would be meeting with you today.  As you know, I am writing  a story on the structural integrity of the bridges here in Baldwin County.”

“Yes, my secretary mentioned that.  What do you want to know?”

“Specifically, how safe are they?  Many of the bridges that were built by the WPA are nearing their end  date and there doesn’t seem to be anything being done.”

“I assure you, Ms. Randolph, our bridges will withstand the test of time.  They are checked regularly and anything that needs to be done to ensure their integrity is or has been done.”

“Are there reports available that I could see?”

“Do you doubt my answers, Ms. Randolph?”

“I’m a journalist, Mr. Gentry, we have learned not to just take someone’s word.”

“I’ll see to it you get what you need.”  He rose from the desk and pressed a button on his phone. 

 “Ms. Daniels, will you please see to it that Ms. Randolph gets what she needs.”

With that, he walked me to the door.  I was about to escape the lion’s den when he asked if I had given any thought to our last conversation.  I’m sure I turned red as a beet and when Mr. Daniels appeared I virtually scurried out the door without answering.

I got to my car when my phone buzzed.  I picked it up and heard “Rude again.  Another reason a spanking would benefit you greatly,” and the phone went dead.


“Damn him,” I said to myself.  I got back out of the car and walked toward his office determined to put him in his place.  Charlie Gentry watched out the window and smirked as he watched her storm toward him ready for battle.  “This is going to be fun."  He felt his pants tighten as he thought about her tight little bare but over his knee and the rosy red glow he planned on applying.

Stay tuned for more Aimless Ramblings.


17 comments:

  1. Hi Sunny, vacation planning, what fu! Glad you had a great day out with the girls too.

    Thank you for sharing more of this wonderful story. Charlie certainly knows how to push her buttons! He's being a bit naughty toying with her. I bet he will win her over though. Looking forward to reading more :)

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankx Roz - have no idea what's gotten into Charlie.

      Delete
  2. Sounds like you had lots of fun last week. There is no better medicine that laughing with friends.

    Loved this story, Sunny. I finally have Internet back, so I am right on time reading this story. Even the name, Charlie Gentry, sounds sexy!

    Hugs From Ella

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you have your internet back - it's like culture shock when you can't run to it and find an immediate answer to something.

      Delete
  3. I guess he could be sexy, but right now I kinda want to smack him! Keep having fun with friends, but make sure you get your writing time in.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, no! I’ve gone off him now, he’s so smug and full of himself!
    Glad you’re having fun.
    Rosie xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you Rosie - I can't wait to see how this story turns out.

      Delete
  5. Aww..shucks there is at least one more part to this story..what a shame...(and if you believe that I have some land to sell you)...hugs abby

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really loving this story Sunny, looking forward to seeing where it goes. You day out with the girls sounded like so much fun. How exciting planning your summer holiday and a birthday party for Ray.
    Hugs Lindy xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too Lindy.

      There is a lot to look forward to this summer.

      Delete
  7. ooh more please. i can't wait. i hope the holiday plans work out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks - as I've said before, don't know where the story is going but it just won't seem to end - the muse won't allow it so there must be something more to say.

      Delete
  8. Glad you had fun with the girls and hope the birthday party works out.

    Happy there is going to be more. Really enjoying it. Thank you, SG.

    Love,
    Ronnie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The outing was great fun and the birthday party will be small but my daughter will help out - she's good at that.

      Thanks Ronnie - you've been uppermost in my thoughts lately- hope things are going well.

      Delete
  9. Hi Sunny, :) Happy Birthday to Ray!🎂 How fun that your daughter is coming to help out. Sounds like lots of fun with your friends too!

    Your story is lots of fun! I still think that Diane is very N-A-U-G-H-T-Y!!! Can't wait to see what happens next! Many hugs,

    ❤️Katie xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Make it a Great Day