Monday, April 16, 2018

First Date Part III


  
Hello, so if you’re in the US your taxes are due.  Are they ready to go?  Today’s the day (except, of course, DJT). We did ours right away so it’s off and accepted – good feeling.

It was another hectic week here and I know I keep saying that and I know I’m in control but I’ve decided I kind of like life being busy and it is something to complain about. Went to Leisure Seekers with a friend yesterday. The movie stars Helen Mirren and Donald Sutherland – a good story, very poignant – worth the $8.00.  Can’t believe how much it costs to go to a movie these days – used to be that matinee’s were more economical – not anymore.  Of course, the movie theatre now has lounge and reserved seating. The chairs are so comfortable it would be easy to take a nap if the movie didn’t suit.  Afterward we went for lunch at a place called Bubba’s.  It just recently opened and supposedly owned by Texas Roadhouse (not Mere).  I’m sure that’s true – the décor is much the same.  Burgers, wings, and pizza are featured.  Great burger and cooked the way it is ordered(which in my case is medium rare) and many places today will not do that.


This story seems to be the story from hell – it just keeps going, but hey – what can I say – my muse goes where she wants.

Diane had almost forgotten about Charlie Gentry when their paths crossed again.  Diane was on a work assignment and had to interface with a member of the county’s engineering department.  When she was taken to the County Engineer’s office she blanched when Charlie Gentry got up from the desk to greet her.

“Hello, Ms. Randolph.”  He extended his hand and waved her to a seat.

Diane hadn’t known what to expect and was surprised he was being so professional.  Since he referred to her as Ms. Randolph instead of Diane, she decided on the professional route also.  “Hello, Mr. Gentry.  I had no idea I would be meeting with you today.  Do you know I am writing a story on the structural integrity of the bridges here in Baldwin County?”

“Yes, my secretary mentioned that.  What do you want to know?”

“Specifically, how safe are they?  Many of the bridges were built by the WPA and are nearing their end date but there doesn’t seem to be anything being done.”

“I assure you, Ms. Randolph, our bridges will withstand the test of time. They are checked regularly and anything that needs to be done to ensure their integrity is or has been done.”

“Are there reports available for viewing?”

“Do you doubt my answers, Ms. Randolph?
“I’m  a journalist, Mr. Gentry, we have learned not to just take someone’s word.”

“I’ll see to it you get what you need.  He rose from the desk and pressed a button on his phone.
“Ms. Daniels, will you please see to it that Ms. Randolph gets what she needs."

With that, he walked her to the door.  As I was about to escape the lion’s den he asked if I had given any thoughts to our last conversation.  I’m sure I turned red as a beet and when Mr. Daniels appeared, I virtually scurried out the door without answering. I was no soon in my car as my phone buzzed.  When I answered, I heard, “You didn’t answer me.  Rude again.  Another reason a spanking might benefit you greatly,” and the phone went dead.

“Damn him,” I said to myself.  I got back out of the car and walked toward his office determined to put him in his place. Charlie Gentry watched out the window and smirked as he watched her storm toward him ready for battle.  “This is going to be fun.” He felt his pants tighten as he thought about her tight little bare butt over his knee and the rosy red glow he planned on applying.

He was quite surprised when she didn’t return to his office.  Diane Randolph was nothing if not professional.  When she walked back into the county building she immediately went to the directory and looked for the Office of County Supervisors.  She stepped into the elevator after she found the office number.  On the way up she thought about the wording, she was going to use in her harassment complaint.  Charlie Gentry was way too big for his britches and Diane Randolph was going to put him in his place.

After giving her name to the receptionist and stating her business, she was told that any complaints about a department employee should be directed toward the head of the department.  When Diane said the person about whom she was filing the complaint was the head of the department, the receptionist asked her to have a seat.  A few minutes later, one of the county supervisors stepped out and invited Diane into his office. 

“Are you quite sure you have the name right Ms. Randolph.  Mr. Gentry has been an exemplary county employee and has always been above reproach.  We have never had any complaints about him from anyone including his employees. I don’t know if you know it or not, but Mr. Gentry is also very active in the community and there has never been a hint of scandal about him.” 

“I’m quite sure I know Mr. Gentry.  I wish to file a harassment complaint. “

“Okay, Ms. Randolph.  I will call the county attorney to see if he is available.  If he is, I’ll ask him to join us and we can get the details necessary to go forward with your accusation.”

“Why do you need the attorney?”

“Depending on the accusation, criminal charges may need to be filed.  It is best to have the attorney on hand to advise us.”

“No, no.  I don’t want to file any criminal charges.”

Ms. Randolph, sexual harassment is a serious matter and one that is not to be swept under the table.”

“I only want to file a complaint.”

“I don’t understand, are you or are you not accusing Mr. Gentry of sexual harassment.”

“Well, yes, but it’s not a serious complaint.”

“Ms. Randolph, all sexual harassment complaints are serious.”

Diane stuttered while she contemplated where this was going.  She hadn’t intended thing to go this far. The man across from her continued to look at her and finally said, Well, Ms. Randolph are you or are you not filing a sexual harassment complaint.”

“Not the way you’re suggesting, Sir.”

“You either are or  you’re not.”

“Then, I’m not. “

“Ms. Randolph, maligning a person’s name under false pretenses is also a criminal offense.  I suggest you think twice about making these kinds of accusations again.” He stood up then and  Diane practically ran out of the office.  She had no intention of things going this far.  Her only hope was that neither Charlie nor her boss learned of this episode.

She sat in her car for five minutes wondering what the hell was wrong with her.  She had let a man get so far under her skin that she stopped thinking rationally.  The comment he made wasn’t an actual threat,  it was offensive but would it constitute sexual harassment?  If her boss learned of this incident it could well be the end of her job.  And Charlie Gentry, considering how well liked he was in this town and his reputation as an outstanding supporter of the many charities and winner of the Citizen of the Year award, she would lose all credibility if he chose to ‘out’ her. She had definitely gone too far and didn’t know what to do to make it right.

Maybe she did deserve a spanking’ the little voice in her head said. 

Finally, she started the car and was about to pull out when she saw Charlie Gentry.  He was coming toward her in a very determined fashion and the scowl on his face told her he knew about her meeting with the county supervisor.


See you later for more Aimless Ramblings.

15 comments:

  1. Hi Sunny,

    I had trouble reading the first part of this post. It showed up highlighted which made the colour of the writing difficult to see. However, I'm glad I did manage to read it :)

    Glad you are enjoying keeping busy :) The movie and dinner afterwards sounded great!

    Thank you for sharing more of this story. Oh boy, she bit off more than she could chew making a complaint. Can't wait to see Charlie's reaction!

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry about the 'glitch' - my fault but thank you for being intrepid and muddling through.

      Delete
  2. Hi Sunny, I couldn't read the first part either but boy is she a handful!
    love Jan, xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry Jan - hope you came back to see that I fixed the problem.

      Delete
  3. Oh, Sunny girl, you almost Did it!!!!
    First girl in all ” spankibgs Books” wil do a right thing!
    We all know, She was right!
    Smile.
    Next time.
    You are better and better, Sunny girl!
    Like it!

    Take care,

    Mona Lisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mona - nice to see you here, it's been a while. Hope things are well with you.

      I'm smiling at your remarks because I sure do know how you feel.

      Delete
  4. Oh, Sunny girl, you almost Did it !
    First girl in all ” spankings Books” will do a right thing !
    We all know, She was right!
    Smile.
    Next time.

    You are better and better, Sunny girl!
    Like it! I always liked your writing.

    Take care,

    Mona Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  5. First part was like a secret code to read but I enjoyed the challenge and got rewarded with the continuing story. :-) Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good for you Jen - it is a challenge when that happens, glad you persevered.

      Delete
  6. You know my thought, stop this silly running around and having a life and spend more time writing! But I understand her thought process here. I think she wanted a superior to speak to him, not throw him in jail. Great story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I know and maybe I will but not anytime soon. As i said it's kinda fun.
      Glad you're enjoying the story.

      Delete
  7. This is one of those be careful what you ask for moments...keep writing but keep up the fun too. I saw Blockers last week. Extremely funny.
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank Amy for stopping by. Yeah, a temper tantrum can have many consequences.

      Delete
  8. SG, so glad you are continuing this story, really enjoying it. Thanks.

    Happy you are having fun keeping busy.

    Love,
    Ronnie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ronnie. I'm quire sure you're busy at this time too.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. Make it a Great Day