Monday, October 16, 2017

On Every Sunday




It’s Sunday afternoon and once again I’m a sports widow.  Mind you, I’m not complaining, he deserves to enjoy his day off but…  It’s that time of year where it is constant sports, between baseball playoff games and football, I swear I could stand in front of him naked and I’m not sure he’d even notice.  He’d most likely tell me that I’m blocking the screen.  So when my friends called and invited me to join them for some girlie fun, I jumped on the bandwagon.

It started out innocently enough.  We went for pedicures, then a stop at Michael’s Craft Store, the Dollar Store, Target and the last store in the strip was Kohl’s – so we had to stop there too because I had a 30% off coupon.  After spending more than we should have but justifying it by the fact that we got good value for my money (at least that’s what we told ourselves), we were famished.  There was a BJ’s close, so we decided to stop there.  Have any of you ever been to BJ”s – it has something for everybody so it’s always a good choice.   My favorite thing about BJ’s are the prime rib sliders and the BJ’s Root Beer.  Innocent you think, but let me enlighten you that the Root Beer Drink is not just any old root beer.  It’s BJ’s Root Beer which has “Jameson’s Irish Whiskey and assorted other alcoholic beverages and tastes just like real root beer.  They slide down easily – almost like a root beer float.  Innocuous – until you stand.  Then your legs, well at least my legs, have a rubbery feel to them.

After three of these, I rose to leave my friends who were still ordering more root beer. Almost to the door when someone tapped me on the shoulder – “Ma’am, why don’t you give me your keys and I’ll call you a ride.”

“Why would I want a ride – I have a perfectly good car outside.”

“Ma’am, I think you’ve had a little too much to drink to drink to drive safely.”

“Well, I don’t “ and I turned away from him and continued to the parking lot.

I didn’t feel tipsy, a little light-headed maybe, but not drunk by any means.  The fact that I forgot where I parked was not at all unusual – I often don’t pay attention and then wander aimlessly around a lot, until I find my car.  I was doing just that when a car pulled up alongside me and asked if I needed any help.  I responded that I was only looking for my car.  I continued walking the aisles and the car continued to follow me.

“Are you sure you are alright ma’am?”

“I’m fine. Please stop following me.”

“Ma’am,  I’m mall security and I’m just doing my job.”

“I don’t need your help, but thank you.”  I went back to looking for my car.  I still couldn’t find my car and started to panic, thinking it may have been stolen.  The next time the security guard came by I explained that my car was gone.

“Are you sure, ma’am?



“You seem to ask me that a lot.  My car is not here – it had to be stolen.”

“Okay, ma’am.  Calm down, I’ll call the police. Why don’t you walk back to the restaurant and wait for their arrival?  It shouldn’t be long – they’re close.”

Walking back to the building, I called my husband and told him the car had been stolen.

“What?”

“The car was stolen and I’m waiting for the police.”

“Honey, where are you?”

“What difference does that make?” I responded, a little irritated.

“I only ask because I just went to the window and the car is in the driveway.”

“Oh, shit.”

“Exactly.  Where are you, I’ll come get you?”

I told him and he said he’d be there in a few minutes.  I was waiting for him to arrive when the patrol car pulled up.  I explained to the officer that I was mistaken, my car was not stolen after all. 

“Are you sure ma’am?”

“Goddammit, why does everyone keep asking me that?”

“I’m sorry, ma’am. “  My husband pulled up then and was I glad to see him. I hopped into the car and he began the twenty questions.  By then, I had it and he was stepping on my last nerve.

“Goddammit, I’m not drunk.  I simply forgot that I didn’t drive.  Ruth and Betty wanted to stay and I never gave it a thought.  Okay.  Now can we drop it?”

“Calm down, honey.” 

“I am calm. Now can we drop it?”

Mike didn’t say anything.  I could tell by the look on his face that he was not pleased with me. I tried making nice by asking him how the rest of the games went.  He answered ‘fine’ but his fine was kind of like my ‘whatever’. 

“Are you mad at me.”

“Not angry,  just annoyed.  I think an attitude adjustment is on the agenda.”

“Oh, honey.  No.  I’m sorry.   I didn’t mean to harp on you.”

“Yeah, I know.”  I watched him and knew my words made no impression.  He had already made up his mind and I had sealed my fate. The ride home was quiet after that. 

When we arrived home, he merely motioned me to follow him upstairs.  I dragged my feet, but I finally reached the landing.  I watched as he sat down on the edge of the bed and patted his knee.  The good news was he hadn’t stopped at the implement drawer which meant I had lucked out.

“C’mon babe, you know you’ll be better once this is over.”

He was right, of course.  A spanking always relieved the tension and brought us back to us. I let out a big sigh and placed myself across his lap.  He slapped my bottom three times before pulling down my panties.  I always liked it better when he pulled down my pants instead of making me do the deed.  It usually meant it was going to be more of a fun time than a discipline spanking.  He spanked me about ten more times and then his hands started wandering to different parts of my body.  

“So tell me, honey, isn’t this the best part of your day?’ He asked me as I am squirming under his touch.  I could hear the chuckle in his voice.


He was right – it was the best part of the day.  Who knew?  

See you later for more Aimless Ramblings.

24 comments:

  1. This is very funny because last week my neighbor and I went to the movies and spent almost a half an hour looking for my car, both having forgotten that we took Eric's car instead. LOL
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops, me thinks she was a little more tipsy than she thought. Enjoyed this Sunny, nice ending :) Always look forward to my Monday visit :)

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe so, but by the time she circled the lot a few times, I'm quite sure she was sober enough to be panic stricken at not being able to find her car - I know I would be.

      Delete
  3. Hi Sunny, sounds like me looking round the supermarket car park because I forgot where I parked the car! Have a good week,
    love Jan, xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved the little twist you built into this story, Sunny. Was expecting something quite different. And, of course, I like a happily "Ever After" ending!

    Love,
    Ella

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trust me, I never know how things are going to end - it's as much as a surprise to me as it is to you. lol

      Delete
  5. SG,
    I loved this story.
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  6. Replies
    1. Because it could so happen to any of us, I'm sure.

      Delete
  7. Very realistic. All of this could well happen.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loved this so much Sunny. It had me laughing when her husband said the car was at home.
    Hugs Lindy xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thankfully I'm not a sports widow. Dragon hasn't bothered turning on a game since he retired from his first career. But I do think that would have gotten my lower cheeks red. I want to try that drink. Sounds yummy

    ReplyDelete
  10. SG, It certainly could happen. Loved the story. I want to try that drink.

    Love,
    Ronnie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll let you know the other ingredients - it is delish.

      Delete
  11. Enjoyed this Sunny. I’ve forgotten where I parked my car many times.
    Rosie xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haven't we all. I thank heavens for that car alarm sometime.

      Delete
  12. Ya got me, Sunny...was quite a ways through before I realized it was one of your awesome stories and not about you. LOL I do lose my car on a regular basis...pure D sucked when I traveled for work and had a blasted rental car...never remembered what they looked like.

    Hugs and blessings...Cat

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gotcha - I do love when I get the writing so realistic it makes the reader think it's real. I must be improving.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Make it a Great Day