Monday, October 23, 2017

Just Punishment


This is my birthday week.  Wow, I can't wait to get another year older - not. Not complaining though considering the alternative.  I just don't know how I got this old. I go back to the time when it seemed as if I was always the youngest of any group - not so much anymore.  Hell, all my doctors are Doogie Howser's (who is old now too) and police and firemen are babies. Sometimes I feel like a dirty old lady as I admire their tushes while encountering them shopping at the grocery.  I do hate that they only see me as an old lady and call me ma'am.  I want to pinch a certain body part and say, 'Hey look at me as I think I am, not as I am'.  lol  Anyway I digress

Our community is having a Halloween Party on Saturday and I'm going as a gypsy.  My ethnicity is gypsyish and Ray always calls me that because I've made him move around so much, so it's not that much of a stretch.  He bought an orange Halloween t-shirt and is going as himself.    It should be fun to see who dresses up and how.

Enough of my rambling, on to the story. I'm sure I've published this story before but I found myself unable to sit down and come up with a new story for this week.  I found this one,  not in the usual place, but the first line put me in mind of a post from Katie T and it was settled.  I enjoyed the re-read and hope you will too.

Abigal watched in the mirror as Bob walked into the room and sit on the bed.  She halted the brush mid-stroke, and when he patted the mattress, she began to cry.  The tears were falling as he called her to him.

“Girl, you can cry all you want.  It’s not going to work this time.  You are still getting spanked.”

“But…”

“But nothing.  Did you really think I wouldn’t find out? “

“I was hoping that maybe you wouldn’t hear.  I should have known there was no way your buddies would let this slip by. Can I explain?” She sobbed.

“What explanation could there possibly be?”

“You know how sometimes things just snowball and one thing leads to another.”

“Is that supposed to be an explanation?”

“Bob, you know what it’s like.”

“No, why don’t you tell me?”


As Abigail began to tell her tale of woe, Bob looked at her.  Her tears were falling and she kept sniffling so hard,  he reached over and grabbed a tissue.  She looked at it as if it were a foreign object.

“Blow your nose and stop sniffling.  I can’t understand what you’re saying.”

She wiped her eyes and blew her nose.  He loved this woman and never more than this moment.  Every moment with her was that way – even when she was making his life a living hell.

Bob was a law enforcement officer in a small town in an area of small neighboring towns. Everyone knew everyone and there wasn’t much that went on in one town that didn’t filter down to other towns.  All his fellow officers shared information – it was what they relied on to keep their towns safe from outside influences.  Abigail knew that and how she thought she wouldn’t get caught was beyond him.

Bob’s career demanded he play by the rules.  He was that way, even as a youngster.  He was a model child and bore a great deal of bullying for being a ‘goody two shoes.’  He couldn’t help it – he saw a clear line between right and wrong.  There were no gray lines for him.  Abigail, on the other hand, was the poster child for rebellion.  Her past was checkered with her rebelliousness from playground antics to protesting whatever cause she thought warranted her support. 

When they began dating everyone scratched their heads and predicted it wouldn’t last.  How could the two of them ever find common ground?  Somehow they managed.  Their marriage was a tempestuous one what with both of them desperately trying to make the other see their side of differing issues. It was never dull.

The first time Abigail went a little overboard with one of her tirades, Bob let her play it out.  When she was finished he told her in his calmest voice that was the last tirade he would tolerate.  From that point forward, she would voice her opinion in a calm, respectful manner.

“What are you going to do if I don’t?  Arrest me?” she sarcastically asked.

“No, I’m going to do something far more personal.”

“What?”

“I’m going to put you over my knee and spank the tar out of you.”

“You wouldn’t dare.”

“Oh, but I would.”

“I’ll have you arrested for assault.”

“If you want to have everyone within a fifty-mile radius know you got your bottom spanked, go right ahead, I’m not the one that will be embarrassed.”

“What do you mean?”

“I mean, if you file charges, you’re going to have to explain just how you were assaulted.”

“Oh.” She said.  That particular argument was over and for the longest while, Abigail presented her opinions in a respectful manner.

Until, that fateful day when he asked that she not get involved in a protest to oust the local mayor.  He was caught cheating on his wife, who happened to be a close friend of Abigail’s and some of the local wives took it upon themselves to call for his resignation stating that he wasn’t a good example.  It was all much ado about nothing but when the newspaper printed a picture of Abigail leading the charge, Bob knew it was time to honor his words.

That first spanking was a doozy.  Abigail hooted and hollered so loud that the neighbor actually debated calling the police before going over to check.  What she saw as she peeked in the window was Abigail, bare-assed over Bob’s knee, getting her backside smacked.  By afternoon, it was all over town – Abigail refused to leave the house for days and Bob became a local hero and congratulated by every one of his fellow officers and other men around town.

Once Abigail realized Bob wasn’t kidding about holding her behavior in check, she toed the line; for the most part anyway.  She knew if she crossed that line, her bottom would pay the price.  Abigail never embraced spanking – it was a hurtful childish thing and she fought against it tooth and nail. She would try anything to get out of a spanking – but Bob never deterred once he determined a spanking was necessary.  This day was no exception.

Abigail stood between Bob’s knees as she pleaded her case.  When she was finished, he bared her bottom and took her over his knee and began his lecture.

“I don’t know what came over you.  Marijuana is illegal and smoking it in a public place shows a  flagrant disregard for me, not to mention the law.  Cigarette smoking is prohibited in public and bad enough, but weed.”

“You know well enough that it is on the ballot and will probably pass.  There is a misconception about marijuana and I was merely proving a point.”

“Well, now I’m proving a point”  The first smack landed on her bottom.  Bob rarely used implements, his hand was hard enough.  He let the sting settle for a moment before applying his hand in the exact same spot. He knew she hated this – she would rather he’d pepper his spanks around but this wasn’t happening today.  Today, she was getting a good sound spanking, one she was likely to remember each time she sat down.  He spanked her up and down her tush, sides included and then a couple of good ones on her thighs before he took up the brush she had held in her hand moments before.

None too gently, he used the bristle side to rub all over the reddened areas exacerbating the pain in her already throbbing backside.  He could see the wet spot on the bedspread caused by her tears but he felt no remorse as he turned the brush around and landed two firm swats on each check with the wooden brush.  Her intake of breath told him all he needed to know.  He’d need only deliver a couple more of those before Abigail reached her threshold and it would be over.

When he was finished, he put down the brush and rubbed her back until her sobbing subsided. He helped her stand, kissed her forehead.  “Go get dressed and meet me in the kitchen,” he told her as he left the room.

When she arrived in the kitchen, he directed her to the hard wooden chair, handed her a tablet and a pen and told her he wanted a five-hundred-word essay on the good and the bad of marijuana.  

“You’ve got to be kidding” she answered.

“No, I’m giving a talk at the high school in a few days and I’ll use this as the basis for the talk. I’m sure by now your actions will have filtered down and what you have to say might give more meaning to the discussion.”

“Should I include my spanking as one of the bad things about marijuana?”


“Sarcastic as ever.  Spanking never tempers that tongue.  You do as you see fit, my sweet wife an I’ll do as I see fit.”  He gave her one of his wicked grins and she couldn’t help but feel a great feeling of love and respect for this man she married.


See you later for more Aimless Ramblings.

22 comments:

  1. Hi Sunny, wishing you a very Happy Birthday! Hope you have a wonderful day and also that you enjoy the Halloween party.

    I remember this story and enjoyed the re-read :) I think Katie enjoyed the hairbrush far more than Abigail :)

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Roz. Birthdays seem to come around way too soon now.

      Delete
  2. Hi Sunny, Happy Birthday week!!! Hope you have fun, and fun at Halloween. I don't remember the story but I do agree with Roz, Katie likes the hairbrush more....
    love Jan, xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed the re-run. Thanks for the birthday wishes.

      Delete
  3. I can’t help having some sympathy for Abigail as she didn’t sign up for spanking. She is a bit of a handful though.
    Hope you get spoilt rotten on your birthday and have a great time at Hallowe’en.
    Rosie xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Abigail may not have signed up for spanking but ...

      Thanks for the birthday wishes and I'll pass along your comment to Ray.

      Delete
  4. SG,
    Happy Birthday Week! If we must have birthdays, making a week of the celebration makes those birthdays real nice.
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mere. I wish we could have birthdays w/o getting another year older. It's happening too often and the number is getting scary. lol

      Delete
  5. Never read this one before, Sunny, and I am quite pleased that you shared it today.

    Birthday Hugs From Ella

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad the story was new to you. Thanks for the birthday hugs and card - you're too sweet.

      Delete
  6. I love this story! I don't remember it, but if you wrote it I'm sure I read it at the time. Check my post on your birthday. A poem that I learned long ago has come to mind.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure you did too. You know you better remind me about your post, at my age I tend to be forgetful.

      Delete
  7. SG, Hope you have a wonderful birthday week. Love all your stories. Thanks.

    Love,
    Ronnie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ronnie - you're such a cheerleader - I'm so glad we're friends.

      Delete
  8. Happy Birthday Sunny! I loved this story. My first true love was four years older than me and I was a senior in high school. He constantly had me write papers when I questioned him about something he wanted us to do. And that was waaaaaaayyyy before the internet. Amy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed the story - happy I was able to resurrect an oldie since I had nothing.
      Interesting how sometimes life/fiction parallel each other.

      Delete
  9. Happy Birthday, Sunny! Hope you have a wonderful birthday week. This was a fun story....enjoyed reading it again.

    Hugs and blessings...Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cat for the birthday wishes. Glad you enjoyed the re-read.

      Delete
  10. I just love this story. They sound as if they could be neighbors or friends of mine.
    Happy Birthday! Hope this is the best year yet!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy birthday Sunny, enjoy your week of celebrations. Have fun at the Halloween party.
    Loved this story, she sure is a handful.
    Hugs Lindy xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happiest of birthdays! Great story.

    --Baker

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Birthday, Sunny!:) I hope that you are having a great day! <3

    Loved this story! OUCH! That hairbrush thing! Poor Abigail received a doozy with the thing! And then to have to sit and write an essay? Double OUCH!

    Glad that I gave you some hairbrush inspiration, and reminded you of this story. Not sure that I have read it before, but I enjoyed it very much. Roz and Jan are right- I like the hairbrush better- mostly when it is used by Rob to BRUSH my hair! That thing is probably my least fav implement. Rob doesn't tend to pick it up during those times that I am in a bit of trouble. Usually only for short little spankings. Hopefully it stays that way! ;)

    Enjoy your party. Your costumes sound very fun. Does Ray's shirt say, "this IS my Halloween costume"? LOL! We used to have one of those lying around- it got good use as the kids got older. You will make a beautiful gypsy! Have fun! Many hugs,

    <3 Katie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Make it a Great Day