Thursday, August 31, 2017

Finally - Ella's Meme

FINALLY.  Thank you Ella for this - I think I am probably the last person doing this meme.  It's a good one and made me think - can you smell the burn?

1. Name a tender song that can almost make you cry?  I'm a crier, so tv commercials can make me weepy.Right now I'm watching GMA's coverage of Hurricane Harvey.  It's showing a line of trucks from everywhere,  boats in tow, people helping people  - my eyes are leaking. I''m not much of a music person but the Star Spangled Banner always brings tears to my eyes - corny huh.

2. What is my favorite shade of lipstic?  Nail polish?   Lipstick - years ago I had a shade of stain made by Laura Hutton's company that I loved.  Have never been able to replicate it.  Shade of nail polish - Usually don't wear polish on my fingernails but if I do, it's usually french.  Toes - anything goes - sometimes I let the pedicurist choose the color.

3.Name a children's nursery rhyme or song that I loved and remember all the words.  Wow, this is tough.  Can't think of anything other than Itsy Bitsy Spider.  

4.What do I put on in the morning if I wanted to feel happy and well dressed and something in which I looked pretty damn good?  In the summer, I have several gauzy type dresses that are my 'go to'. Since I'm retired, my closet is filled with clothes that make me happy - well dressed, that's another story.

5.If I had money to buy just one, which would it be - a cabin in the mountains or a place at the beach. No contest - a place at the beach.  We've had the cabin(house) in the mountains.

6. Favorite Beatle?  George Harrison - he had that hang dog look that always melts my heart.

7.Name a smell that you love.  Petrichor.  Not familiar with that - it's that smell that accompanies the first rain after a long period of warm, dry weather.  Learned that it had a name from Han Van Meergan, a fellow blogger.

8.How often do I defuzz my legs? Wax, razor.  In the winter, I ignore them.  In the summer, I could defuzz every damn day - I am hairy.  I don't but I could.  Razor in the shower.

9. How did I choose my blog name?  Aimless Rambling because that's what it is aimless rambling. Sunny Girl - well we had a little doggie - I used to tell people she was the child that didn't leave home. She brightened our lives for sixteen years - she's been gone longer than that but she was a sunny girl and I can't not think about her without smiling.

10.What do I like to eat for breakfast?  Coffee or tea.  Breakfast, I'm not fond of eggs, but I love pancakes or waffles even though I don't eat them often.  Actually, anything in the fridge is pretty much game.  Coffee, in the am with stevia, cinnamon and 1/2 and 1/2 - any other time black.

11. How many siblings do I have and what is the birth order?  I have two brothers and a sister and I'm the oldest.

12. What is my favorite salad dressing?  I'm not too crazy about any dressings and I usually order them on the side and then dip my fork into the cup with each bite of salad.  I'd have to say that plain old EVOO and a red wine vinegar are my favorite.

13. If I could sit next to anyone on a long plane ride, who would I pick?  As long as they don't have body odor and don't crowd my seat, I don't care. 

14.  Have I ever done any retail therapy?  Believe it or not, I don't like to shop - it's a chore for me. Give me a good book or a plate of comfort food and I'm there.

15. What is the one thing that can make me lose my temper?  I am not a volatile person, so losing my temper doesn't happen often.  I'm slow to burn but man's inhumanity to others (animal or human) has to be the number one trigger.

16.  What is the best photograph I've every had taken.  I hate having my picture taken but have been told I'm photogenic, guess I don't like how I look.  I think that Katie of This Whole Thing has taken the best pictures of me.  Thank you, Katie.

17.  Have I ever been skinny dipping and where?  Yes, in our own pool, on a secluded gulf beach at dark, friend's hot tubs and so forth.

18. What do I like on my pizza?  Lots of cheese, a veggie pizza with peppers, onions, olives and mushrooms are good too.  I'm not fond of meat on pizza and the untraditional items don't appeal to me either, ie, ham, pineapple.


Thank you Ella.  This was fun, even if it did tax my brain early this morning.  See you later for more Aimless Ramblings.

19 comments:

  1. hi Sunny, I am so sorry for the people suffering with the terrible weather. In our newspapers there were some awful pics of elderly people sitting in water in a nursing home, unable to move. Made me feel so grateful that my oldies are safe in their home!
    love Jan, xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jan, I know the feeling of being grateful of being safe and dry. My heart breaks for those affected by the storm and for those who are giving up their lives to help those in need. The goodness of people gives me hope for the future.

      Delete
  2. Hi Sunny!:) I loved reading your answers here! Don't worry. You are not the last person to do Ella's blog. That would be me... Umm... I'm getting there... I've loved reading everyone's answers.

    You are very sweet about the photo. You are very photogenic! I can prove it! :)

    Loved all of your answers, bu my fav is the one about who you would sit next to on a plane. Made me LOL! I agree 100%! Fun read! Many hugs,

    <3 Katie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't wait to read your answers - you put so much thought into your posts. Have a great weekend.

      Delete
  3. Hey Sunny,
    Glad you did this. It's great getting to know bits and pieces about everyone in blog land. I'm with you on the beach. Need to get back there soon so I can breathe in some salt air.
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know the feeling about the salt air - there's just something about it that renews my soul.

      Delete
  4. SG, I had tears in my eyes looking at some of those pictures and seeing people helping each other.

    I enjoyed reading your answers. Ocean for me as well.

    Love,
    Ronnie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Ronnie, my eyes seem to be in a constant state of leaking, the pictures keep getting worse and then I think about what they have ahead of them.
      It almost makes me rethink the ocean - no not really.

      Delete
  5. I too love the pictures that Katie took of you. We're together on George and shopping. I'd be happy to share a plane ride with you and I'll be sure to shower first!

    ReplyDelete
  6. SG,
    I loved your answers........ especially the skinny dipping answer. I do know that there are a few other songs you enjoy.
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are definitely other songs I enjoy but none of them cause tears. Glad you stopped by.

      Delete
  7. Hi Sunny,

    Enjoyed reading your answers, always love hearing about your dear Sunny Girl :) The pictures we are seeing of Harvey are heartbreaking.

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Roz, heartbreaking is a good word and I'm watching it on tv, imagining living it, is more than that

      Delete
  8. Hi Sunny, good to see all you answers. I'm with you on the shopping, it can be boring.
    Hugs Lindy xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, have never been a shopper and I've been sandwiched between my mother and daughter. The gene went right over my head.

      Delete
  9. Hello to our Sunny Girl,
    Glad you decided to have a go at this meme. Loved your answer of the Star Spangled Banner. I always sing even though I cannot reach all the notes. Yes, heartfelt patriotism can make me cry, too.

    Love the smell of rain. Way better than a rainbow, I say. And I learned a new word!

    Many hugs,
    Ella

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always tear up at the SSB -I can't sing it or anything but I do mouth the words - after all I don't want to scare people.

      Glad I could teach the teacher something. Han taught me.

      Delete
  10. The one ray of light in the devastation wrought by Harvey is the way people have pulled together, regardless of colour. There have been some heartwarming tales amidst the heartbreak.
    I liked your answers, we have several in common. My favourite pizza is a Hawaiian with ham and pineapple, though.
    Rosie xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Make it a Great Day