Wednesday, June 29, 2016

SAME TIME - NEXT YEAR PERHAPS??

I finally returned home Monday night after the absolute best vacation.  It's hard to get back to real life after such a good time.  You know by now who the other cohorts were and some of them have already told you how grand a time we had.  It definitely exceeded my expectations.



I know you all expect to hear tales of drink and debauchery (haha) but we are ladies that span four decades between us - so although the mind might be willing, the body often sends out warning signals. There is no age limit to tongue wagging though and we wore ours out. We talked, ate, swam (actually no swimming involved, just bobbing in the warm waters of the gulf). Some of us took daily naps while others wished they had. The beach beckoned early each morning. We breakfasted along the wharf and then trudged over to the beach where we tanned our bodies and bared our souls, sharing long kept secrets. 

The food was wonderful and non-fattening, (You believe that don't you?)  the drinks colorful and icy and the conversation always spicy. 

Ella, Meredith and Terps were wonderful additions to our threesome of last year and we blended together like six peas in a pod. The four days went by all too soon. I think we ended with the theme Same Time Next Year although I'm not sure we could ever replicate what we enjoyed - it might be better or worse but it will never be the same.

A stingy collapsing fly swatter, decorated spatulas to make you think they won't hurt and a damn wooden paddle were among some of the gifts.  I know spanking is the theme here but really - don't you think our guys already have enough implements in their arsenal.  I loved the cocktail napkins, the beautifully photographed note cards - things that don't leave an impression except in the heart were wonderful.  I've worn the bracelet every day since reminding me of the 'special time' not that I'm likely to forget anytime soon.  The thought that went into each and every gift makes them even more appreciated (except for the hurtful things).  Thank you one and all.  

Some took some great pictures - I wasn't one of them but I can tell you we began each morning with breakfast at the Salt Cracker and ended each evening with a walk along the esplanade with a stop for ice cream before retiring to a rousing game of cards taught to us by our illustrious PK.  She won, but then she made up the rules as she went along.

Four days flew by and Friday came all too soon but we have lasting memories and I have peeling skin because Jimmy Buffet's Margueritaville suncreen sucked.  

See you later for more Aimless Ramblings.






25 comments:

  1. Sounds like a perfect vacation Sunny. So glad you ladies had such a wonderful time together :)

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We did have such a terrific time. Wish you could have been there. Wouldn't it be lovely if we could all get together?

      Delete
  2. same time next year sounds great...how about same time tomorrow??? I'm still partially packed... :-) Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sunny, this was such a week. Now I really know that your nickname is richly deserved. You are the sunshine wherever you go. Thanks for the lovely memories.

    Hugs From "Girly-Girl" Ella

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a wonderful week and meeting you was one of the highlights.

      Delete
  4. Sunny, I am so pleased you all had a wonderful time together.

    Hugs,
    Hermione

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Hermione - we did have fun. You know Canada isn't that far, maybe you could join us when we do this again.

      Delete
  5. Jimmy Buffet has sunscreen? Does it at least smell good?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post, Sunny!! :) I'm with Terps. Let's just turn right back around and do a repeat! What a fabulous time it was! Thanks for another great adventure! Many hugs and love,

    <3 Katie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everything was perfect, the place, the weather, the people. How could we miss?

      Delete
  7. Sunny,
    You described our perfect time to a tee. It was a time I will remember all my life.
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Memories are no substitute for the real thing but they will have to do.

      Delete
  8. Lovely post SG. Sounds like a most wonderful and perfect time.

    Had to Google Jimmy Buffet.

    Love,
    Ronnie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You mean you are not a parrot head? At least I think that's what they call fans of Jimmy Buffet - a definitely overrated phenomenon.
      Wish you were there - maybe someday?

      Delete
  9. I thought Ella was talking about calling you the serial killer, LOL. Now about that game, I did not make up the rules as I went along, I REMEMBERED them as I went along! And if you'll remember you won the second game the next morning. But we'll have a rematch one of these days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Know it's Molly who calls me the serial killer, she thinks my name is perfect.
      Convenient memory you have there girl.

      Delete
  10. I am so happy for you all! It makes me smile to imagine the fun you ladies enjoyed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We did have a great time - hope you can join us sometime.

      Delete
  11. Hi Sunny. What a great time you all had, am very jealous
    love Jan, xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Jan - we did have such fun - my face hurts from all the laughter. Maybe someday???

      Delete
  12. What a wonderful time you all had. I think many of us on this side of the Pond are envious. I'd have loved to have been a fly on the wall - or maybe not with collapsible fly swatters around.
    Rosie xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Like Rosie said some of us are envious. Sounds like a fun time was had by all of you. Loved hearing your version of what happened.
    Hugs Lindy

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Sunny, I love that you had such a great time! Just from reading the blog entries I couldn't stop smiling because what you all write must have been such an awesome time together. I am happy that you have had the chance to do this. :)

    hugs

    Nina

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Make it a Great Day