Saturday, August 8, 2015

We're Back

We're back. Thanks for all the terrific anniversary wishes. We had a great time; it was good to get away and reconnect.  We went to the Texas Hill Country, specifically an area known as Wine Road, Rte. 290,  the #2 Wine Destination in America. Need I say more.  Actually, yes, there's not only wineries but breweries too.

It's an area settled by German immigrants back during the mid-19th century and filled with historical markers and museums. We stayed at a great hotel, nestled along a bubbling brook, with lots of trees and greenery and very peaceful.  We ate till we were stuffed, and the good news is I only gained a half a pound.

We found a great place.  It's a ranch and winery, and I feel as if I belong.  Ray wanted to buy me a tee shirt, but I didn't think that was necessary.  I have my own advertisement.

Fat Ass Ranch and Winery



The only drawback was the heat, but it was the coolest place around, so I'm not complaining.  We just did the outside stuff in the early morning and evening after the sun went down.  The rest of the time we spent either napping or lazing in the pool.

We even tried out one of my gifts from PK, and you know what - it was deadly, and it reinforces what I always say - I hate wood - give me leather any day.

Speaking of leather - typical me.  I saw this great red purse in one of the leather shops that I managed to talk myself out of buying.  That is until we got home.  I called the shop and asked if they still had it since it was on sale.  Of course, they did, and that justified it was meant to be mine - I just have to pay the extra 8.00 for the shipping.  Such a deal.  lol

That's it for now - See you later for more Aimless Ramblings.

23 comments:

  1. Welcome "home" Leigh!!!! We all missed you. Glad you had such a wonderful trip

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sunny, I am happy for you having had such a wonderful trip with lots of time for reconnecting! The area sounds awesome, and I fully get you on the heat, summer seems to have arrived everywhere. :) Keeping fingers crossed that you will not see the wooden gift again any soon. I think it was good that you bought the purse, if not you would have thought about it for years, well, I tend to do that, combined with 'if I only had ....'. Wishing you a great weekend.

    hugs

    Nina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a good trip. I agree about the purse, I've done things like that before and always regretted my decision.not to buy a specific thing. We'll have to see about the outcome of this purchase.

      Delete
  3. Welcome back...sounds like a great time. Glad you were able to get the purse, tell Ray you should get 8 swats with the wooden thingy since you had to pay extra...
    hugs abby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We did have a good time. I'll pass your suggestion on to Ray, well see what happens.

      Delete
  4. I think Ray should get after you with with my gift for delaying and spending an extra $8.00. But I'm really glad you had a good time and trust me there is no way my little old gift hurts as much at that paddle you gave me! But I'm with you on the leather.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We did have a good time and all I can say is I'm sorry about the paddle. Didn't think it was that deadly. Abby suggested the same about the extra 8 bucks.

      Delete
  5. So glad you had a great time! And I am with you on the leather vs wood thing. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely leather. Wood may be good for some things, but horrible for others.

      Delete
  6. Hi Sunny,

    Sounds like a great anniversary trip.

    Sam and I did this very trip a year ago in the spring. I think the weather was cooler. We had so much fun. Definitely more fans of the breweries than the wineries. The German beer was just wonderful. There were fresh German pastries for breakfast!

    We didn't bring a paddle, but Sam tried a switch. Yikes! Very quiet except I had to keep my face in a pillow.

    Ella Ever After

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Spring or fall would definitely be a better time to do the trip, but we made the best of it.

      We tried a switch once - lasted about fix swishes.

      Delete
  7. Welcome back Sunny...happy to read you had such a lovely time. Oh I know that feeling of talking myself out of something until I get home...been there done that...but have never called back and had it sent. I agree...if it was still there, especially on sale, it was meant to be yours. ;) Oh yes...wood is no good!

    Hugs and blessings...Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to get the purse to see if it is as perfect as I remember. Otherwise, it will be relegated to the back of the closet.

      Delete
  8. Welcome back Sunny, I'm so glad you had such a wonderful time. It sounds like an awesome trip in a wonderful place. Glad you and Ray had some reconnection time and I agree, give me leather any day! Good on you getting the purse I say, it was meant to be :)

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Roz, It was a pretty place, but as I've said next time will be spring or fall, when it's a little cooler.

      Delete
  9. SG,

    Welcome back and great that you and Ray had some reconnection time. Your trip sounds wonderful. Like the sound of the winery.

    With you on the leather.

    Love,
    Ronnie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ronnie - you would love the area. If you and P ever get this way, it's a trip you would enjoy.

      Delete
  10. Welcome back Sunny. Your trip sounds wonderful and nice to reconnect. I'm not a fan of wood either, leather is much nicer. How lucky to be able to get the purse after all. Was definitely meant to be.
    Lindy x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lindy. It was a nice trip - we needed it. Cant wait to get the purse..

      Delete
  11. Welcome back hon! Sounds like a great time! The purse being there when you called back...? Lol. Perfect! 8 swats or 8 dollers seems a small price to pay for red leather!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. glad you had such a wonderful time :-) leather is definitely better than wood, no question in my mind :-) Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Sunny, :) Sounds like you had a wonderful time away, and anniversary trip! Belated Anniversary to you and Ray!

    Your adventure sounds great- testing out wines and beer, lazing by the pool, PK's little gift put to some good use! OWWWW! I know all about that one. I hid it. Haha! Miss you two!

    Your new purse sounds lovely. I think you are right- meant to be just for you. Enjoy! Many hugs,

    <3 Katie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Make it a Great Day