Sunday, June 28, 2015

Our Excellent Adventure

I'm having a difficult time today - I can't seem to get back in the groove after spending time with two fun-loving ladies.  I want to be back on the beach, laughing and creating havoc.  We were lucky to get back alive and I don't like facing the music but it had to happen.

As you saw on PK's post, we spent some time on the beach but not all our time. When you have this view from your balcony, why not take advantage? The hotel didn't even charge extra.




When our eyes tired of the same ole, same ole, we went in search of sustenance (of the liquid variety). Thinking of Rob, Ray and Nick's admonitions, we kept it healthy, sticking to blueberry, watermelon and pineapple drinks. Gotta love that Vodka comes in all these flavors now.



Food, of course, is always a must and we were by the sea so what do you suppose we chose.  You're right, all you smart people.



We even managed to get PK to expand her horizons, we teased that she knew Cassie would do it and she tried



Yummy.  


Then it happened, on our last night there we were watching the lightning show, when we heard a loud roar followed by a thunderous crack.  That's when the fire started, the wind whipped the curtains onto the flame of (I'm not saying what it was) but the next thing we knew, we were surrounded by smoke and flames. Nothing to do but call for help. These men risked life and limb to get us to safety. 



How can we ever thank them?  After we were rescued, the hotel blamed us for the fire.  Can you imagine that, said we were smoking in the room.  Not us. Anyway, we ended up in jail.  We called Minelle to help us with bail money and then... I received this.





If I can, I'll be sure to let all of you know where I am. If it's nice enough, maybe you'd like to join me (us) on our next adventure.

20 comments:

  1. Leigh,
    Each one of you tells the sotry a little different. Glad you had fun and no one was arrested.
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  2. ROFLMAO, you and PK are so funny. What a great view you had, and I wouldn't mind being rescued by those fire fighters :) Sounds like you all deserve a date with the paddle!

    Glad you all had such a wonderful time.

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have no idea how terrific the view really was.lol

      We did have a great time Roz.

      Delete
  3. so cute. :-) glad you all had such a nice time. And great view. :-) LOL Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely a great view and a really special time.

      Delete
  4. I don't remember everything you've mentioned, but then again I drank more than is normal for me. But whether I can remember it or not, we sure did have fun! I'm sure ready to do it again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmmmm...! You are closer to the truth! However the telling of your mischief and excessive shananigans is a bit evasive!
    I can't remember quite clearly.... But was it the fireman who first wielded the paddles after passing judgement on your poor behavior! *wink*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Would I lie? I'm not sure either about the answer to your question. lol

      Delete
  6. LoL, Sunny, your trip sounds pretty amazing, and exciting, with vodka, a fire, police, jail. I am happy for you having had such an awesome time. Not sure, but being bailed out of jail sounds like you three might sit on a tender bottom for a few days, and it sounds like it was worth it. :)

    hugs

    Nina

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lol Sunny, you writers do know how to tell your tales!! Nice view, and nice firemen. I am surprised a few cowboys didn't show up too!!
    love Jan,xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we do weave things around, don't we. We had a terrific time though. Cowboys would have made it just that much more special.

      Delete
  8. Hey SG,

    What an account. I thought the same as Jan, no cowboys. Happy you all had fun.

    I think your next visit should be closer to the UK:)

    Love,
    Ronnie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ronnie, I would love it if it could be closer to the UK - we were thinking Bermuda. How close is that?

      Great fun but way too short.

      Delete
  9. LOL Sunny!!! :) I'm with you on the getting back into the groove. Even general anesthesia and an arthroscopy did not do it for me! LOL! I miss you both!!!

    Well, this is an interesting version of our beach adventure! Like PK, I don't quite remember those handsome fire men bursting in and rescuing us from our dire straights! Gosh- I think I had too many blueberry vodka drinks too. Well, whatever the case may be, we made it out in one piece. And then there was the jail... I did text our friend Minelle, right after you did, to see if she had one of those cards that would get us out of jail free. But alas... seems as though there was some paddling that we couldn't avoid... Or were we rescued by aliens before the paddling????

    When I am off the pain meds, and up and about, I'll set us all straight! I hope! Stay tuned...

    Yeeeee HA!!! ;) Many hugs,

    <3 Katie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean - we really meshed and it seemed way too short a time for it too end. We're definitely going to do it again and for longer.

      Hope you're off the meds and up and around soon. Looking forward to your rememberance of our adventure.

      Delete
  10. ROFL Sunny...even though we are getting different stories from you, PK, Katie and Minelle...it is obvious that you had a wonderful time. As I told PK...whichever story is true...and I would bet on it being bits and pieces from each story...I am so happy to read how much fun you had.

    Hugs and blessings...Cat

    ReplyDelete
  11. We did have a wonderful time. I think you figured us out. We did have a good time.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Make it a Great Day