Thursday, August 28, 2014

TAKE A PEAK


In case you have not heard (smiling), I have a new book out there,  At the End of the Rainbow. Just as a little tease, I'm sharing an excerpt here.  Enjoy

Melody had always wanted the experience of finding and cutting down her own tree.  Ken agreed even though he wasn’t sure why they couldn’t just find one on his property, but Melody wouldn't have it.  They located a tree farm close to Colorado Springs and not that far from Ken’s ranch.  It had snowed the night before adding to Melody’s excitement, but it made for a slippery ride.  I-25 was the main corridor from Ken’s place to Colorado Springs and involved going over Monument Hill, which could be a bear in the winter.  By the time they arrived at the tree farm, Ken was a little irritable and anxious knowing they would have to traverse the same road back home.  The farm was crowded and Melody kept finding trees already tagged, so they kept trudging farther and farther in the snow.  Ken was becoming more and more irritable the longer it took her to find the perfect tree.

“For God’s sake, Melody, it’s only a damn tree.  Pick one out and let’s get the hell out of here.  I’m cold, wet and we still have the drive back,” he told her.

“You’re taking all the fun out of this,” she told him.

“I didn’t see the point of driving all the way here for this anyway.  There are perfectly good trees on my property, not to mention hundreds that have already been cut down and sitting in lots.  I did this because you wanted the experience.  Well, you have it.  I’m giving you fifteen minutes Melody.  If you haven’t found one in fifteen minutes, we’re leaving, or at least, I am.”

She looked at him, and huffed away.  The hell with him.  The truth was she was cold and wet too; this wasn’t nearly as much fun as I thought it would be.  She found another tree, looked down, and saw another tag. 

She started walking back out of the farm toward the car.

“Where are you going?”

“I’m never going to find a tree in fifteen minutes, so we might as well head for home.  That’s what you want anyway.”

“Quit acting like a spoiled brat.”

“I’m not. We can leave now or just wait the fifteen minutes you allotted me and leave then.  Your choice?”

She continued walking toward the car with Ken right behind.  The ride home was terrible, between the driving conditions and dodging bumper cars; the silence in the car was deafening.  By the time they pulled onto the ranch property, Ken was ready to pulverize Melody’s ass.  She stomped out of the car, slamming the door and going into the house.  She shed her jacket and boots and lit a fire.  She was opening a bottle of wine as Ken walked in. 

“You want a glass of wine?” she asked.

“You bet I do, but not right now.  Right now; we are going to have a little talk.”

“Talk about what?’ she asked

“Actually, I’m going to talk, and you’re going to listen.  The only difference is I’m going to discuss my issues while I’m pounding your ass, and you are going to listen not with your ears but with your behind.”

“Oh no, you’re not.  You are the one who’s been surly all day.  I’ve tried to be pleasant, but no.  I am not going to allow you to spank me because you are in a bad humor.”

“You’re not going to allow me to spank you.  Guess what, you gave me that permission a while back, and I am going to spank you.”

“The hell with you Ken.” She spun around, went into the bedroom and locked the door.  A few minutes later, she heard the back door slam.  She lay down on the bed and fell asleep while Ken tried working off his anger in the barn.  He mucked out stalls, curried horses, oiled harness, doing anything to get rid of his anger.  Melody was right; he was surly all day because he didn’t want to go to that damn farm.  He still wanted to spank her because she was a brat and that last stunt in the tree farm was childish - it was best  if he stayed out in the barn until he calmed down.
Ken worked in the barn for a couple of hours.  When he was no longer seething, he went back to the house.  He badly needed a shower.  He went to the bedroom and bounced off the door.  It was locked.

“Son of a Bitch,” he spouted as his anger immediately returned.  “Melody, open this goddamn door now.  I’m filthy and sweaty; I want to shower in my own goddamn bathroom. Get your ass up and open this door.  If you want to lock yourself in a room, go find another, there are plenty of others in this house.”

Melody heard yelling and immediately jumped up not sure what was happening.  It finally registered it was Ken’s voice at the door.  She forgot she locked the door and went over and turned the knob.  “What’s all the yelling about?” she asked.

“You locked the damn door; I want a shower.”

“I'm sorry. I locked the door and must have fallen asleep.”  She moved away from the door;  he swept passed her removing his grubby clothes as he walked toward the bathroom and into the shower.  She picked up the dirty clothes, deposited them in the hamper, and sat on the bed waiting for him to finish his shower.  Then she remembered their earlier argument and wanted to make things right, so she too, removed her clothes and joined him in the shower.

“Is this supposed to be an apology?” he asked when she entered the shower.

“Do you want it to be?” she asked coyly.

“I still want to spank your ass.”

She turned and placed her hands up against the shower wall, giving him full access to her backside.  “Well, big boy, here it is.  Whack away."

“This isn’t exactly what I had in mind but a smart man never passes up an opportunity when it is presented.  Especially when it is in such a sexy way.”


If you enjoyed the excerpt and want to read more, you can click on the title to purchase in all digital editions, or hop over to Amazon for mobi (Kindle).  See you later for more Aimless Ramblings.

18 comments:

  1. Thanks for the preview Sunny...they both deserved a spanking! LOL This book is definitely on my TBR list. ;)

    Hugs and Blessings...
    Cat

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read this book last week. Great book like all your others. Congratulations! Amyee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amyee and also thank you for the great review on Amazon. So glad you enjoyed.

      Delete
  3. Smart move...i want more...
    hugs abby

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sunny, I had heard a rumour about a new book :) Thank you for giving us a teaser. Enjoyed this snippet. Sounds like they were as bad tempered as each other! Sounds like they are about to make up though :) Definitely on my TBR!

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. You'll have to let me know what you think when you're finished. Glad you are enjoying it so far.

      Delete
  6. I did read it (smiling) and it is a truly a very good book. Now get your TBR list and put it on top!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Han. Love a man's perspective and glad you enjoyed it.

      Delete
  7. congratulations on the new book! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. No thanks. I'll wait:)

    Have a fun weekend.

    Love,
    Ronnie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I understand and don't visit SS tomorrow either, okay.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by. Make it a Great Day